What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this space chitchat makes me want to get this out over vacation...

Decent local hazy

PXL_20230728_203225500.jpg

First time drinking this, but enjoying it quite a lot. Nice ripe fruit and citrus aromas, but not quite as bitter as I expected. My first Imperial IPA and all in all I was pleasantly surprised by this.
View attachment 825874
1st? Hope you're like 21.0001yrs old..🤣

I should say welcome to the club. You missed out on a decade of breweries selling butter/diacetyl and passed it off as "awesome".

Screenshot_20230728-181418~2.png

Last edited:
It's modern festbier (strong helles) rather than Märzen as well. Plus the can keeps it FRESH!
I'm in complete agreement with Duncan. I think I have a couple of those nice glass Paulaner steins around here somewhere, but in the meantime, I'll be forced to chug my two Oktoberfest vintage 2022 pounders out of my groovy-looking vintage Paulaner MaßKrug. These two cans are from my personal stash - I think I may even have some 2021's lagering in one of my beer refrigerators, good to keep a big supply I say.

Paulaner is the brewery that developed the current rendition of Oktoberfest Bier. As Duncan mentioned, a Helles-like beer. It is one that is lighter than the heavier Märzenbiers used in the past. More for general public consumption me thinketh. This one is the reference standard! Great beer!

IMG_4814.jpeg

HB Hazy Pale Ale, which I guess is technically a NEPA since the malt bill was loaded with oats, white wheat and I used Verdant. Received a couple of compliments on this one from people who are kinda snooty (like I am), so I hope it turns out the same the next time I brew it..??

Also just pitched yeast for the next batch of hard tea, not sure what flavor it will end up being. Mango was a pretty big hit last time.

IMG_8376.jpeg

What scope?
I can't imagine rotating shifts. Jelly of your retirement. Looking at Dec-26 for me...if all goes as planned. 🤞

It's a Celestron 11in-EdgeHD. Got it several years ago. It's much lighter then the old 10in Mead I had. Easier to setup. I'm looking at getting a sun scope which I'd probably use more anyway. Be nice since we have 2 total eclipses coming through Austin soon.

OT....still on coffee/electrolytes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back