What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, GrampaRish!

Back at the farm for a week, or so. HB Mosaic Blonde.
4D96BDC4-ECE4-4FDD-A327-7DDEDE49EF35.jpeg

What does near IPA taste like?
Really good! I'm still dialing this in. I used a lot of grain for flavor, but cold-steeped it to avoid starch extraction, and then I added (completely unfermentable) inulin for body. The major thing still lacking was hops; this was my first time using Vista and I found that to me it's a "meh" varietal. Next batch will be BRU-1/Harlequin/Vic Secret.

Not gonna lie, ethanol has a sensory impact, and when I drink this, I miss it. But on the other hand, I had three of these before dinner and didn't feel it and didn't blow my diet.

I really enjoy a lot of the clean quality German lagers available through BevMo and Total Wine and More and other bottle shops. Fantastic that I can drive from my Southern California office and pick up a sixer of Munich lager. 10 minutes later I’m in beer drinkers’ ecstasy. Unreal!

Now here’s the rub – Fella’s what’s with these pathetic, tiny, dinky, wimpy, 11.2 ounce beers? C’mon, US beer drinkers shucking out to buy your beer are BEER DRINKERS!!!! BIG BEER DRINKERS! Learn your market! Let’s ship them 16.9 ounce cans, Pronto!! I mean Schnell!

Give me a BIG CAN. We drink big, you wanna sell big… Ship BIG! We’ll buy them. Plus those cans do one heck of a better job protecting beer than these pathetic little baby bottles we are being sent. What, do you hate us? Ship it in. Let’s get it on!

By the way, this is one fantastic Dunkel. I enjoyed a few 1L MaßKrugs with my daughters and family when we visited the Hofbrauhaus in Las Vegas this year. Great time! Great beer! Prost!

IMG_4798.jpeg

Give me a BIG CAN. We drink big, you wanna sell big… Ship BIG! We’ll buy them. Plus those cans do one heck of a better job protecting beer than these pathetic little baby bottles we are being sent. What, do you hate us? Ship it in. Let’s get it on!

Keep an eye out for these starting in a few weeks. Paulaner has a gift pack of festbier with a 1 liter stein that comes with a 1 liter can inside of it. Wegmans (our local grocery store) started carrying them in 2020 and they come back every year. It's modern festbier (strong helles) rather than Märzen as well. Plus the can keeps it FRESH! This picture is from August 2020. I'm keeping an eye out for them now. I have now have six liter steins from buying them :D

Last year they had the regular size cans that you could buy without the stein.

IMG_6400.jpeg

Is that M16 on your monitor in the background?
I’m not sure it’s some stock background from Lenovo. I don’t ever change the background because I rarely see it with all the applications and windows open.
At first I thought you were referring to my pen that my father in-law made me.
image.jpg
Don’t mind my old filthy keyboard. 😬

Back