What's your New Year's Eve beer lineup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcbaumannerb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Whether you stay in and keep it quiet or head out for a night on the town (or Times Square) - what beers are you planning on drinking tonight?

I've got Lolita, Imperial Biscotti and an Ithaca 15th Anniversary that I just put into the fridge (well, wedged them in with the crapload of beer that was already there.)

Beyond that it will be what catches my eye before I pass out (most likely before midnight :D )

I have some home brews done by myself and others, you being one of them (the Saison). I have a bottle of White Fox from Raleigh Brewing Company that was given to me as a gift and then probably some other 650ml bottle sitting in the fridge and whatever else I can get my hot little hands on. My "plans" fell through this morning so that's my lineup.

Lessee...I'm a bit buzzed from paint fumes after priming the dolly for the new keezer...but, today we're serving:

- an American Wheat (that I finally nailed after multiple attempts that were all too much/too little orangey and/or coriandery - honest, building a fricken' laser shark targeted suitcase nuke must be easier)

- a Chinook/Cascade/Centennial IPA using all home-grown hops and that'll give any store-bought IPA a run for its money

- a Citra Bomb Pale that you can smell from across the room and will stand up to anything goaty on the cheese plate

- a solid amber ESB that's a good transitional lead into the dinner wine

- a Dark with enough body to follow a huge meal and that's been an after-dinner fave

- and finally a triple chocolate double RIS with an ABV north of 15% that's effing delicious but requires the imbiber to either be a permanent resident of the immediate premises - or have major guest privileges.

Yup. I think we're covered...

Cheers! (and Happy New Year! :mug:)

I've got homebrewed citra pale ale and Vienna lager in the kegs, and a bottle of bubbly for midnight.

Shrimp, meat and cheese plates, kangaroo jerky (yes, real kangaroo) and marshmallows roasted in the fireplace for dinner.

I started with an Odell Myrcenary. I'm now drinking a Great Divide Hibernation Ale. I plan on drinking a Lander Brewing Big Bad Brett and possibly some Odell IPA and Oskar Blues Ten Fidy.

Staying home, making grilled tenderloin and coconut shrimp. HB Cream Ale, HB Smoked Porter, HB Scottish Ale, Odell's Amuste, an Ovila, a Sophie, and a whiskey Old Fashioned sweet...still 4:45 till midnight...Uhg.

I'm a homebody, but I talked to my kids (and grandkids) and will have plenty of beer tonight to ring in the New Year. Or, the dawn of 10 pm.

But............I have my grandson coming over tomorrow for a movie night and a sleepover, so I'm really excited about that!

I wish. Came down with a stomache thing and my number 2s are more like 1000s. Kaopectate is what I'll be sipping tonight.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Tried a ten fidy myself but this d*mned devil sickness I've had has everything tasting bad except for coca cola... ...

Back