What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At Excelsior in MN. Had a California Common called "Boaty McBoatface. Picking up a growler for a party too.

Yep, I've been there many times until moving to Florida last October. I really miss their Bitteschlappe Brown Ale....best I've ever had. Btw Dave, I think I suggested to you to visit Excelsior Brewery in a previous post. Next time you go say hi to John Klick (owner) and Niles the head brewer.

Actually, their brown ale is the reason I started home brewing. I hope to clone Bitteschlappe some day.:mug:

Nexus last Friday night, Hall Brewing and barnett and sons last night (Parker Co. ), Elk mountain and Dry Dock tonight. Tue night back to Albuquerque to Marble and La Cumbre. Then to Flagstaff to Mother Road, Lumber Yard etc. Wed night. Then home to SoCal.

I kid you not, we are averaging a brewery visit just about every other day!:tank:
We RV around the country with our dogs and they blog about each one we go to. We are on week 5 of the current trip and have been up from Houston, through Arkansas, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, the UP, Wisconsin, and now in Springfield, IL on our slow way back down. More breweries to come. Follow our adventures! www.twobrewdogs.com @twobrewdogs on twitter, #twobrewdogs on instagram and twobrewdogs on facebook.

Lots of reviews of all the breweries we hit and the beers we drink.

Yep, I've been there many times until moving to Florida last October. I really miss their Bitteschlappe Brown Ale....best I've ever had. Btw Dave, I think I suggested to you to visit Excelsior Brewery in a previous post. Next time you go say hi to John Klick (owner) and Niles the head brewer.

Actually, their brown ale is the reason I started home brewing. I hope to clone Bitteschlappe some day.:mug:

You did suggest that, in fact. Good motivation to get me over there. I've enjoyed several Bitteschlappes in the past, so I wanted to get something I can't normally get.
That place was packed late afternoon, but it's a holiday weekend after all. Nice outside patio.

I visited Maui Brewing Company this past Friday with my wife. We went for drinks in the evening and an employee noticed us peeking though the door to the fermentation chambers. Even though it was 10pm, he offered us an impromptu tour. Very nice facility, very nice employees and good beer.

Ricker hills. Got to try their blue berry cider, black select, hopped, extra dry and their Ice Wine. They also have a new cider on tap that won't be bottle, tropical vacation cider(which was amazing by the way). This is my girlfriends favorite cider makers so she loved it. I also mixed their maple cider with blueberry because why not?

2016-07-03 13.18.24.jpg

2016-07-03 13.31.26.jpg

2016-07-03 15.21.51.jpg

2016-07-03 15.21.44.jpg

2016-07-03 15.07.00.jpg

Hit up Church Brew Works in Pittsburgh this past weekend while visiting our daughter and helping her move. They bought a vacant church and converted it to a German style beer hall / brewery.

Love that place! Not only is the beer solid, but the food is excellent too, and you can't ask for much more in terms is an asthetically pleasing brewery! Their copper equipment is gorgeous, and the building renovation is amazing!

Ricker hills. Got to try their blue berry cider, black select, hopped, extra dry and their Ice Wine. They also have a new cider on tap that won't be bottle, tropical vacation cider(which was amazing by the way). This is my girlfriends favorite cider makers so she loved it. I also mixed their maple cider with blueberry because why not?

Mainiac Gold has to be one of my favorite ciders

hitting up New Glarus (again, yearly thing) and will take some pictures, beautiful brewery, still ridiculous pricing for a brewery it's size, but still good.

Until you visit the New Glarus Brewery, you really don't know how beautiful it is. Its like a small European castle on a hill. It was a lovely day trip with my family.

Been here dozens of times but I needed to grab a few of their new James Beans brews.

image.jpg

Bog Iron Brewing, no pics of the tap room area as it was packed so not much to see. But great brews.

Photo Jul 07, 8 31 04 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 07, 8 31 39 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 08, 8 50 01 PM.jpg

I'll have to get pictures when I go back, but just hit Draft Line brewery in Fuquay-Varina the other night... great beer.

I'll have to get pictures when I go back, but just hit Draft Line brewery in Fuquay-Varina the other night... great beer.

I have been to aviator .Got a ton of there growlers . $4. Can't beat that.

I have been to aviator .Got a ton of there growlers . $4. Can't beat that.

Yea I really like Aviator - My neighbor's Cousin is part owner at Draft Line so I'd been meaning to check them out for a while, they've got a pretty awesome setup so far - it's not outrageous or glamorous but its a great place to have a pint.

My birthday was on Friday, so my brother took me out drinking yesterday. We hit Neuse River Brewing, Lynwood Brewing Concern, and Big Boss.

My boys, their spouses, and the grandkids took the Spousal Unit and me over to Nantucket with a visit to the Cisco worx included. Puppet show kept the kiddies busy while the adults toured the brewery, winery, and distillery, and got fairly well ploughed in time to catch the ride back to the ferry terminal.

Gotta say, compared to most breweries - and even European wineries (and forget distilleries!) Cisco is on the rustic side ;) but it was an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon of stellar weather...

Cheers!

Orono brewing co

Is it worth visiting? I'll be in Bangor Thursday-Saturday. I think I'm getting dinner at grittys on the way up Thursday. Probably geaghans on Friday night. If I can't get there until Saturday, would you say it's worth the 40ish minute detour before I head back down?

It's a pretty small place but I liked it. Good brews, really liked their nitro white cream ale and kablam IPA. They'll be opening up a taproom in Bangor soon, not sure exactly when. Mason's is another good one in Brewer. Right across the river from Seadog in Bangor

It's a pretty small place but I liked it. Good brews, really liked their nitro white cream ale and kablam IPA. They'll be opening up a taproom in Bangor soon, not sure exactly when. Mason's is another good one in Brewer. Right across the river from Seadog in Bangor

Oh nice. I'll try to at least hit them up

Hit up Church Brew Works in Pittsburgh this past weekend while visiting our daughter and helping her move. They bought a vacant church and converted it to a German style beer hall / brewery.

View attachment 360906

View attachment 360907

View attachment 360908

View attachment 360909

Probably my favorite brew pub. It opened the same week I moved to Pittsburgh back in '95 (I think), so it was meant to be my favorite. There was a bit of a kerfuffle when it opened because of the brewing on the altar. But it soon died down. Food is excellent, especially the pizzas (big fan of the pierogi pizza). Need a trip to the 'Burgh for a Steelers game and a visit to the church.

Grittys! Tomorrow will me geaghans, then maybe another? Good to be back in my old college stomping grounds. (Old being like a year and a half ago...but I'm here to work for ESPN so it's different)

Last week I was in deep west Texas.... Alpine to be exact and I was able to visit Big Bend Brewing Company.

Really good people making some really good beer.

If you find yourself out there, give them a visit. Make sure to check their hours closely as they aren't open to visitors often.

The good news is you can find their beer on tap all over the region... and the local small grocery store chain, Porter's always has their six packs in stock.

My favorites are their Hefeweizen and their new Vienna lager, Tejas Negra. That is a really good beer.

The wife and I are out on another beer tour. We drove up the I-5 corridor to Redding (Ca.) and went to Fall River and Wildcard Tue. Night. Then drove over to the coast yesterday and went to Eel River brewery. Today, after hiking the Redwood Forest, we stopped by mad River Brewing, then to Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka before going back to Eel River for a nightcap and dinner. Tomorrow its down to Russian River Brewery for some Pliney and Blind Pig! Then back home.

Went to Maine Beer Co today. Going on my 5th Portland beer tour this year this upcoming weekend as well.

Photo Aug 10, 2 03 45 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 10, 2 02 41 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 10, 1 43 04 PM.jpg

Back