What are you drinking...right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was drinking Banshee's Brother Red
then had a Skibbereen Pale Ale
Now drinking Smuttynose IPA

Took the earlier advice and drinking a brew, or two tonight. Gonna see how my porter's carbonation is coming along then open up an IPA to see how the two months I left it be have affected it. I might try that Founder's Breakfast Stout thats been staring at me for a couple weeks now too

Rubber Stopper Amber Ale. So named because I pushed the bung too far into the secondary and it stayed there until I bottled. I can't decided whether it really tastes like the rubber stopper or whether it's just in my head. I have to sample one from time to time, though, just to see. So far I have "sampled" over 3/4 of the batch.

Doh. Just poured a pint of LWPA and gt pissed because after a week @ 10 psi it still isn't carbed up.

Checked the keg, gas line was disconnected. Dammit!!!!!!

Flat beer sucks, so I took a half pint of smoked porter for the last one of the night. Gotta work at the brewery in the morning.

had 3 IPAs, a red ale, and am now on PBR #3....my buddy and i got a free pass for the night because our girlfriends went salsa dancing... good deal...

ARGH! That porter of mine is only slightly carbonated so its not all that tasty. Also i think next time ill double the choc. malt as it was kinda tastless. Poured about half of it down the drain. Also a change of plans on the founders, decided to go with Stone's Verticle Epic 05.05.05, good stuff!

Whitay said:
ARGH! That porter of mine is only slightly carbonated so its not all that tasty. Also i think next time ill double the choc. malt as it was kinda tastless. Poured about half of it down the drain. Also a change of plans on the founders, decided to go with Stone's Verticle Epic 05.05.05, good stuff!

VE 05.05.05...GREAT stuff....wish I had some....

Dude said:
VE 05.05.05...GREAT stuff....wish I had some....

Yea it is. I originally bought just one bottle, went back and picked up two more for the cellar. Should be even better in a few years

had a nice beer night last night, but I am back on the crappy coffee here at work. Might need to duck out for an iced coffee at some point.

Sir Sudster said:
Bill, what's up with all the accronyms in your inventory list. I'm at the point where I can't tell what your doing anymore. Damn Life'r, your career field has spilled into your beer naming conventions.

:rockin: :D
What acronyms?

Do we need to get another box of ID10T (idiot) forms to get some more
BA-1100N's (balloons)?:drunk:

Brooklyn's Fortitude is mighty fine. THe place I imbibed at said that under NO circumstances would they serve any customer more than three glasses of this fine 9% brew. Hoppy, yet distinctively Belgian yeasted and cloudy...balanced and oh so yummy.

I'm enjoying a pint of my Windy Winter Brown. I've got to be getting to the bottom because the keg is pretty light.
I rushed this one because I didn't have any home brew to enjoy. It was kegged two weeks after brewing. I can't beleave the improvement in it.
Tonight I notcied how clear it has gotten. Clearest beer I've ever made. And the taste- very smooth and ballanced. Man I should have let it sit another couple weeks! Oh well. I still enjoyed every drop.:mug:

at this moment i am drinking a ginger beer, at my first taste i thought what the hell went wrong here. but beleive me it has grown on me, it is more like a very dry ale then i had anticipated but after a couple it is just great, i don't think that there is such a thing as a bad brew, what might taste mediocre at first taste. tastes great after a couple, that doesn't mean that is is good, it just means that it is realy strong and it has killed half of your taste buds.

I have an interesting brew tonight....I bought a sixer of Sea Dog Blueberry Wheat at Trader Joe's today. It is pretty good. It is filtered, and has a definite blueberry flavor. Not as imitation tasting as Pyramid's Apricot is though. It reminds me of trix cereal. :)

white hawk IPA, just finished st george IPA, wasnt too impressed, seemed like an english style IPA, in so far as the abv is low, and it lacks a BIG hop nose...it was ok.

White hawk is one of my favs...really bitter, almost too bitter, but not quite.

Bjorn Borg said:
white hawk IPA, just finished st george IPA, wasnt too impressed, seemed like an english style IPA, in so far as the abv is low, and it lacks a BIG hop nose...it was ok.

White hawk is one of my favs...really bitter, almost too bitter, but not quite.

Yeah, I feel the same way about St. George's IPA. It is a nice example but not hoppy enough. :)

I haven't had White Hawk, I see it all the time though. I'll pick one up.

Dude said:
Yeah, I feel the same way about St. George's IPA. It is a nice example but not hoppy enough. :)

I haven't had White Hawk, I see it all the time though. I'll pick one up.

if you like dark beers try thier black hawk stout...its awesome!

I have a chub....Old Chub that is.

OldChubCanGlass.jpg

I'm not a HUGE fan of this style, but I can tolerate it. This one is good. Not enough smoke IMHO. Very sweet.

I found an Allagash Grand Cru in the back of my fridge so I said what the hay. this stuff is pretty decent. Very strong banana/clove thang goin' on. The color is a nice orange and it is nice and sweet. I actually like it.

I did kind of screw up my palate a bit before it though--my first beer was a Lake Walk Pale Ale.
After this Grand Cru I'm gonna hit the last bottle of New Glarus Hearty Hop IPA that I brought back with me from WI. That stuff :rockin: .

White Hawk is crap. Sorry to be so blunt but the truth hurts. I just finished a Hop Ottin which I loved and now I'm trying a Harpoon IPA. This one is OK but Hop Ottin was so much better.

I just polished off a sample of my Weizenbock going into secondary (promising), and also a bottle of my MacTarnahan's Amber...pretty good stuff! I had no idea 1/2oz of peated malt would be so prominent (at least in an amber it is). At first I didn't really like it, but after a few sips my palate adjusted and I was diggin' it.

Walker's Kaduva IPA just drained and Walker's Holy Grail Porter just poured.

Oh... and a 4 oz sample of my merlot, which has gone from 1.097 to 1.010 in the last 8 days and is starting to actually taste like wine.

feeling gooooooooooooooooood.

-walker

just opened a chimay white...i wanted to compare it againts the red while it was still fresh in my memory. so far im liking it much more...

LOL....i just finished an Arrogant Bastard.....I'm walking around the house (and pissing SWMBO off) saying I'm an Arrogant Bastard" over and over in my best scottish accent.

Okay......time for a few more beers....Brewers game is about to start.....

I just finished off a pint of my ESB. This beer is really getting good. The malt character is finally coming through now that there is about 1 or 2 pints left.:(

Dude said:
LOL....i just finished an Arrogant Bastard.....I'm walking around the house (and pissing SWMBO off) saying I'm an Arrogant Bastard" over and over in my best scottish accent.

Okay......time for a few more beers....Brewers game is about to start.....

Breckenridge Remarkable Vanilla Porter... (including the as-promised toast to the Mug on his bday) I like this stuff... definitely interesting. SWMBO would make some kind of cough medicine comment if I let her... But she's a Cub fan... :drunk:

LOL Dude, don't you mean the Cardinals game? ;) I'm out to the garage to listen, and soak up some early evening sun...

Ize

Ize said:
Breckenridge Remarkable Vanilla Porter... (including the as-promised toast to the Mug on his bday) I like this stuff... definitely interesting. SWMBO would make some kind of cough medicine comment if I let her... But she's a Cub fan... :drunk:

LOL Dude, don't you mean the Cardinals game? ;) I'm out to the garage to listen, and soak up some early evening sun...

Ize

Gawd I wanna try that Breck vanilla porter....I hear good things about it.

No, I mean the NL Central leading Brewers, bro! :p

I just poured myself a "Mexican Blackbird" homebrew for a treat.....Still pretty good but I think I need to drink this stuff up. It is gettign a little oxidation tastes I think.....Man it is good though. I wish you guys could smell this beer.

RichBrewer said:
I just finished off a pint of my ESB. This beer is really getting good. The malt character is finally coming through now that there is about 1 or 2 pints left.:(

Isn't that how it always is? :/

Dude....oxidized or not, you'd better save me a Mexican Blackbird or four.

On topic....I'm working on a Foster's oilcan. Ice cold, it's drinkable.

Just finished off my first bottle of Hop Rod Rye. Not too bad! Apparently DFH 120 is out, I just haven't found it yet. :mad:

HurricaneFloyd said:
Just finished off my first bottle of Hop Rod Rye. Not too bad! Apparently DFH 120 is out, I just haven't found it yet. :mad:

I'd kill everyone here for a drop of sweet Hop Rod Rye......

Back