What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9D761329-039A-4357-AC9F-6617A0DEC7E8.jpeg

C2FD2B4B-19D8-4590-BF8A-79E177F379A5.jpeg
The last of my HB All Together IPA. Hopefully I can fit in a brew day in the next week or two with my neighbor. He’s interested in learning how to home brew. Well he’s honest, he’s interested but more interested in hanging out and having a few beers and a cigar while I brew. Haha
I did tell him I will have him help me with some of the work. I can’t pass up the extra set of hands.

View attachment 696460The last of my HB All Together IPA. Hopefully I can fit in a brew day in the next week or two with my neighbor. He’s interested in learning how to home brew. Well he’s honest, he’s interested but more interested in hanging out and having a few beers and a cigar while I brew. Haha
I did tell him I will have him help me with some of the work. I can’t pass up the extra set of hands.

Make sure to show him how fun cleanup is 😁
tom-sawyer-whitewashing-the-fence-mary-evans-picture-library.jpg

Well, here’s the Märzen I’ve been bragging about and it turns out I should have kept my mouth shut. I’m disappointed in how it turned out. I don’t think my processes are solid enough to store a beer for 5 months. Possible oxidation problem and surprisingly hazy for having lagered as long as it did. I need someone else to taste it to confirm my opinion.
View attachment 696450

We can do a small swap...pretty sure I've had your beers, and if not I know I've wanted to try them.

We can do a small swap...pretty sure I've had your beers, and if not I know I've wanted to try them.
I might take you up on that offer. I had to tend to a cattle issue here on the farm and my beer sat out and warmed before I got to finish it. I read that oxidation can cause a haze, but maybe even after all this time it’s still just a chill haze... here’s the same beer, just warm.
BF9B6D76-3304-45B1-8B0B-78AA72067564.jpeg

Well, here’s the Märzen I’ve been bragging about and it turns out I should have kept my mouth shut. I’m disappointed in how it turned out. I don’t think my processes are solid enough to store a beer for 5 months. Possible oxidation problem and surprisingly hazy for having lagered as long as it did. I need someone else to taste it to confirm my opinion.
View attachment 696450
Be right over

Just kegged my latest beer. Best picture I could get with the lack of sun today

Imperial oat cream style IPA | ABV 8.4% using roughly 40% malted oats featuring Citra and Idaho 7 hotside with a massive Strata and Citra LUPOMAX dryhop. Hands down this is the best IPA I’ve ever made.
9E65A07C-51BE-413A-8D2C-5A4A0938BFB4.jpeg

Imperial oat cream style IPA | ABV 8.4% using roughly 40% malted oats featuring Citra and Idaho 7 hotside with a massive Strata and Citra LUPOMAX dryhop. Hands down this is the best IPA I’ve ever made.
View attachment 696582
Looks and sounds GREAT!!

Curious on your hop schedule. I have 8oz of galaxy. SMaSH? Or blend?

6weeks old = 110 in human years

View attachment 696580
I like some bitterness so hop scheduled for 5.5 gallon batch was:
.5 oz magnum (60 min)
1 oz Galaxy (10 min)
1 oz Galaxy (5 min)
2 oz Galaxy (30 minutes steep)
4 oz Galaxy (dry hop day 10-14)

View attachment 696582
That's a big statement! I don't believe you 😁

View attachment 696582

Basically Cryo Hops? Lupomax...

This might be my last beer from my August Tavour haul. Wish I got some more of these. From Fort George Brewing, up in Oregon. Unfiltered hazy with enough sediment to make a kettle of stew. But ohhh sooo good. Mosaic, Citra, Azacca, and Sabro hops in this one, I think.

View attachment 696588

FG and Anchorage are my favs Tavour has to offer.
Screenshot_20200902-184303.png

Back