What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishing beer. At least 15cm of new spring snow.

Uncanny.jpg

I'm trying to crunch the numbers for the panorama...here's an old one I may or may not be enjoying......

vache_folle.jpg

IMG_4503.jpeg
IMG_4504.jpeg
Picked this up in Canada earlier this week. Our last day in Toronto we decided to drive out to the two towns which a lot of the scenes from Schitt’s Creek was filmed. Found a little country store down the road from the “Rosebud Motel”. Stopped in to use the bathroom and left with several cans of beers to take home. Win/win in my books!

Fishing beer. At least 15cm of new spring snow.

View attachment 845747

I'm trying to crunch the numbers for the panorama...here's an old one I may or may not be enjoying......

View attachment 845749
Ice out and dams are just finishing out here.

Just got a couple feet north with power and roads out.

OT: more last minute OT. Meeting last night at 4:59 asking to work today's off day. Stocking days off today for freedom rockets and fishing later.

Da coffee
PXL_20240405_131805649.jpg

I tied this fly...but Allright, got it going. This is a fly called 'Moonshine'. I drank my beer, shot my line further than I could ever have done before....I was not scared of the water, I was not scared of the people. Then I fell in. All for this Moonshine fly. Amen.

View attachment 845750
Trout opener here in PA is tomorrow and it's snowing at the creek. Last time it was like this on the opener we had some of our greatest fishing. That moonshine fly looks awesome btw.

Cheers

I tied this fly...but Allright, got it going. This is a fly called 'Moonshine'. I drank my beer, shot my line further than I could ever have done before....I was not scared of the water, I was not scared of the people. Then I fell in. All for this Moonshine fly. Amen.

View attachment 845750
Isn’t it too early for any hatches? I never have luck with flies in NY before end of April. Usially I will just float some “eggs” on the fly rod until then.

Isn’t it too early for any hatches? I never have luck with flies in NY before end of April. Usially I will just float some “eggs” on the fly rod until then.
Agree, I'm in PA and I'll drift some minnows with the fly rod tomorrow being this time of year and the we'll have to fish deep with the water being colder.

Last edited:
Back