What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She said she was embarrassed about how bad her chopstick skills were. I was duped.

It's really nice. Light. Very clean. Orange zest. It says white peach but I get white grape as the major flavor. The finish is really nice. Good aroma. I'd be curious just to try a smash of it.

Aaaah just read Fern is the base version of it. The Fern series is really. Good

OT: dessert
PXL_20240225_020756580.jpg

Last edited:
90 proof and I can tell its above what I usually drink. Great oak character, more so than most I’ve had. I see why everybody wants this. I think this was the second time in 3 years I’ve seen a bottle for sale. I gave the first bottle I bought to my dad when he was still alive.

In PA these are restricted. When and if the liquor store has it, they either put it behind the counter or keep it in the back. And you’re only allowed to buy one. Blanton’s, Eagle Rare, and Buffallo Trace. Last week I got this and Blanton’s, which I’ve also never had. I paid $114 for 2 bottles of bourbon and I was thrilled to get them. I was giddy the whole drive home.
I find Eagle the best of that bunch

I just can't seem to keep an American Pale Ale around very long. Just brewed this one back in December and it just kicked. Fortunately I'm scheduled to brew it again on Tuesday. I have so many others scheduled to brew but I simply have to have one more of these before venturing out to other styles for a while.
IMG_20240225_201408914.jpg

Never has for me. My top is Henry McKenna 10 year. Kind of got priced out of that game. $40 to now $125. People ruin everything. Guess I’ll have to hang with the 🦃
I bought Henry McKenna 10 for about $30 a couple years ago. Its $60+ now. My “top” I don’t know. I keep Evan Williams black label and Wild Turkey 86 (not 101) as staples. I like Jim Beam Black. My splurge is Russels

Luckily I don't care what it looks like as it'll be all ripped out in 18 months give or take. On a "brighter" note wife is getting shoulder surgery ergo I'm hoping to get 8 weeks or so of Family Leave. BTW, dog is still hanging in there. Hardly eating a thing but still wants to get up and move around.👍

PXL_20240226_173602925.jpg

Last edited:
A glass of Henry Weinhard's Private Parts. Nothing interesting, it went into and out of the lager fermenter quickly and filled a keg. It has fulfilled its purpose in life.
660B7012-F411-43B4-A18E-1AB94D424BFA.jpeg

UK IPA that was kegged last week. Just Otter, Invert #2 and gobs of EKGs. You smell it when you pour it.
7DCF08F9-C7C0-40B7-B769-0EB28924ACAB.jpeg

Ordinary Bitter at 1.038.
49B471B8-6B54-4AAE-8CC7-4E15EFF650CC.jpeg

Brew day done (Baltic Porter), gear cleaned and put away. Out on the deck with a HB Kolsch on a 63F day.

Forecast for an inch or two of snow tomorrow night, then back to the 60s next weekend. What a roller coaster ride.

View attachment 842738
Crazy. Talked to our son today and he said it hit 69° at his house in Rochester today. Supposed to snow tomorrow. Roller coaster ride indeed!!

Back at the farm. HB Fizzy Yellow Lager.
8DD2ACB6-2123-4CF2-B4A6-D37578E31C9E.jpeg

We’d been gone a little over two weeks. When we got back I turned on the gas to the kegerator, opened the valves on the manifold, and heard-nothing. Best sound in the world if you maintain a draft system. Nothing had leaked, not even a little.

It is too cold to drink in the beer garden tonight , only 76°F.

View attachment 842745
Yep. Supposed to be close to 90 in Austin. Will attempt a pool dip in the afternoon before temps drop again.

OT, electrolyte concoction before a trail walk.

Back