What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest hazy double ipa. Nelson and Simcoe cryo hotside. Nelson CGX and Freestyle Nelson In the dryhop. Finished at 8.2% ABV
7DD092A3-3CAE-4FB4-9DDE-58B95DC6C740.jpeg

Tree house triple shot with, well look at the can. Normally prefer my stouts without adjuncts but this is VERY nice.
View attachment 827510
Have you had the 4th anniversary double shot? If not please do and report back. I have to live vicariously thru the guys who can get TH beers. I may never know if they are as good as Nate makes them sound like they are. But there is something believable about that guy. It really does sound like they are doing it right..

Have you had the 4th anniversary double shot? If not please do and report back. I have to live vicariously thru the guys who can get TH beers. I may never know if they are as good as Nate makes them sound like they are. But there is something believable about that guy. It really does sound like they are doing it right..
Sorry no, never had it. I'm a couple hours away from TH and so I don't have regular access, just dropped in on a trip back from Boston. I did also get the quadruple shot with rose petals though. It was good, but the triple shot was way better IMO.

Tonight’s entertainment includes two infantile and tiny 11.2 oz baby bottles of König Pilsener (means King Pilsner with that other variation with the “e”, must be what that crown on the label represents.) These bottles are merely samplers around my woods.

I think all the German Kings are gone now, I read somewhere one of the heirs to the throne has been relegated to running a brewery these days. Here’s to the working man... Proletariates unite!

Excellent and neutral German pilsner, zero head, zero lacing, slightly lower than medium carbonation, 4.9% ABV, I’m guessing somewhere around 25-30 IBU.

Nothing weird going on here, straight-up scrumptious German Pilsner lager, my favorite style! It is a shame I have to open 2 of these wimpy bottles to fill a pint glass. Give me a big can! At least the dark glass prevents skunking, that’s the important thing. Prost!

IMG_5053.jpeg

I find it a little ironic they say "Drink Fresh" right below where they say "Aged 16 to 22 Months". I love Stouts, and I'm sure this would be really good, but their label...
I agree. I'll buy a 4pk, drink one and then age the other 3. This one has been sitting in the cellar aged for a bit. I've talked with a couple of head brewers including treehouse and from what I gather it's more of the blending to taste. Maybe barrel months to get the desired character. That for the most part what they've created to taste. Me? If it's a good stout, age should make it better. I could also see barrel muting over time. However, there's a lot of lactos that kind of contradict those ideas. Aging is more of a sign of quality to me. Plus a surprise after cracking it open after a couple of years.

Apologies to our UK brethren! I don’t like drinking an ordinary bitter out of that glass either! It’s reprehensible, but it’s what I need to do right now.

Anyway, warm weather ordinary bitter with invert #2 in place of any crystal and WY1469 to get the fall/winter UK program rolling. Kegged it last night, but couldn’t wait. It’s been nearly a year since I’ve had a bitter available. That’s too long!
2C6FBFA2-5DC3-4A7A-B85F-402911BCF7EB.jpeg

Apologies to our UK brethren! I don’t like drinking an ordinary bitter out of that glass either! It’s reprehensible, but it’s what I need to do right now.

Anyway, warm weather ordinary bitter with invert #2 in place of any crystal and WY1469 to get the fall/winter UK program rolling. Kegged it last night, but couldn’t wait. It’s been nearly a year since I’ve had a bitter available. That’s too long!View attachment 827907

Some nice colour from that invert #2. How much did you use? It should be nice with that 1469 yeast.

I've been deciding whether to do one this weekend. Either a b*stardized mild, or a bitter of some sort.

View attachment 827828
Gose leftover… hope I added enough salt.
I wouldn't worry too much about whether you put enough salt in it. As my gravities have fallen from around 1.050 to sub-1.045, I've been playing around with table salt, in the tun, kettle, and glass. Aside from the nucleation issue, I've found that there's a lot of fun to be had by salting the beer in the glass.

Put differently, you're on the right side of the great fence of worry. The other side is not so good!

Latest posts

Back