What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3591.jpeg

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/fothb-xix-legal-to-drink-in-canada.730596/#post-10329925Just plugging this here. If you’re comfortable sharing your homebrew or if you want true feedback from another quality homebrewer then you should join the FOTHB which is a NFL draft style homebrew trade/share thread that is a lot of fun.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/fothb-xix-legal-to-drink-in-canada.730596/#post-10329925

Follow the link and read the rules on the page one. Many won’t qualify due to never trading before but don’t let that deter you from joining. The truth is, don’t be a d!ck and ship the beers you’re claiming you can ship. It’s that simple.

I’d love to see this group/thread grow. I truly feel the only way to improve as a hber is to stop having your friends and family tell you your beer is great and let quality homebrewers tell you what is great about your beer and what will take it to the next level. I joined this thread 5 years ago because @ThirstyPawsHB (pianoman) told me I should and it definitely one of my top experiences from the entire HBT platform.

After all that. Local coffee imperial stout. Great
IMG_0945.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the boldness of those flavors. Would you be interested in sharing with us the flavor profile breakdown? Meaning can you give us an honest review of it?

Good morning. Here’s what I remember from this beer. The first impression was the beer is super sweet, like cloying sweet. I don’t mind a pastry stout but this was too far on the sweetness level for my pallet. I could taste almonds which was a pleasant surprise. The toffee was nonexistent to me. The chocolate was present but seemed more so from a malt not any adjunct that was added. Maybe I would guess they used cocoa nibs and they started to fade too b/c of the age. Lastly I sensed a subtle tang to it and I think that may have been the lactose. Normally I don’t let beers with lactose age that long but I missed this one. Makes me want to go through my list and make sure there isn’t others aging too long with lactose. I think it would have been a lot better fresher, but I think it would still be too sweet for my taste.

This this beer last night. Not bad but a thin body beer with a slight fruity note and on the sweet side.
IMG_3299.jpeg

@Dgallo we all benefited from your participation. Some of the best HB IPAs I've ever had! I appreciated your assistance and advice also on improving my own. This shingles/health thing hit me pretty hard. I'm giving up alcohol for the long term but wish the very best you and all HBT members for a great run. 🍻

OT, Vitamin/electrolyte work lunch concoction

This is what I’m talking about! I’m still trying to wrap my head around breweries releasing between 3 to 7 different IPAs all at once. It’s almost as mystifying as to why I’d attempt to drink 3 to 7 IPA’s all at once!

New Belgium’s been around the block a while, their Fat Tire is a classic, but even that has gone through some changes. But who would have predicted this? Racked up at a low 7.5% ABV to the left, and moving up to the to a maximum ABV of 9.5% to the right, New Belgium blankets the IPA market with just about any style you like. There’s another 4 or 5 New Belgium IPA’s not even shown here!

Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze, 7.5% ABV. Good IPA, I guess this is their entry-level. Reminds me of Mind Haze, good tasting, super easy drinking, even chuggable.

Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA – a classic West Coaster, nice clarity and slightly higher maltiness, solid hopping. This is a great IPA, while bigger, it doesn’t hit me like other 9-percenters, the booze is hidden within all the flavor.

Voodoo Ranger Fruit Force Fruit Punch IPA – Boy, that’s a fact Jack! This pint is like drinking something like Hawaiian Punch! Great Fun! – a flavor packed and different beer from the rest of the West Coast IPAs, I’m really getting a kick out of this one!

Voodoo Ranger Juice Force IPA, a hazy Imperial IPA. OK, it’s fruity, but not as fruity as Fruit Force. It’s hazy and slightly fruity.

New Belgium really has the lacing dialed in, check out all 4 of them. These are really some professionally brewed beers, and available darned near everywhere. For my money, race on down to Bevmo or the local gas station and pick up a couple cans of Fruit Force. This beer’s a riot!!!

IMG_6523.jpeg
IMG_6524.jpeg

Last edited:
HB All Citra Neipa! I was able to source some commercial Citra hops 😎View attachment 838474
What brewery? Was it hand selected. I’ve had some hops that were regular brewery available and they were better than what we can get but I had some had selected citra before and it was unbelievably better than any hops I’ve ever been able smell let alone brew with lol

What brewery? Was it hand selected. I’ve had some hops that were regular brewery available and they were better than what we can get but I had some had selected citra before and it was unbelievably better than any hops I’ve ever been able smell let alone brew with lol
Hand selected. Not sure the guy wants me to say anything though, but as soon as I opened the container he gave me, I was like holy shiiii...

The beer smells amazingly like Julius. Scary how juicy it is.

What a day, woke up to the skylights in my hallway leaking water all over the damn place, brewed 15 gallon of "new west coast ipa" got on the roof where said skylights are located and groomed off all the slush and snow and water, followed by the leaf blower to dry it more, tomorrow I gotta come up with a cold weather patch for that bs. All the while my wife is out of town so I had to get cleaned up and prep dinner before she got home. But brewday was a success and the fermenter is already starting to bubble.
20240107_185019.jpg
20240107_082859.jpg
20240107_080954.jpg

Back