Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ack. I reaaaaallly want to like Destiny. It is visually compelling, it has a interesting albeit convoluted story line, some complexity and variety amidst a crapton of base repetition.

But damn if they don't keep fvcking with the wrong stuff.

we bought Disney infinity for the kids over Christmas with a few extra characters....I don't get the game, to me it's pure s#it, am I missing something, besides 100 bucks?

Ack. I reaaaaallly want to like Destiny. It is visually compelling, it has a interesting albeit convoluted story line, some complexity and variety amidst a crapton of base repetition.

But damn if they don't keep fvcking with the wrong stuff.

The Story is not even there and there is so many in game currencies you have to get to get anything of value. Also the DLC basically just made the old armor useless but for some reason I cant stop playing. It is fun but it has a bunch of faults that hopefully Bungie will fix and they know how bad. frustrating the game is. Especially the f-n grinding. It such a pain and I only got one drop (enemy loot) of value and is from another character but i still play it. The Raids (once you can) are quite fun

Started playing Fallout: New Vegas for PS3. It's a Greatest Hits version. What am I missing? This is boring as hell. I'm walking around some desert town and I got to shoot some geckos. When does the fun start?

Started playing Fallout: New Vegas for PS3. It's a Greatest Hits version. What am I missing? This is boring as hell. I'm walking around some desert town and I got to shoot some geckos. When does the fun start?

I got that game fore cheap on the 360 and havent got into it. Played the hell out of Fallout 3 but havent got into new vegas. Very buggy

The Story is not even there and there is so many in game currencies you have to get to get anything of value. Also the DLC basically just made the old armor useless but for some reason I cant stop playing. It is fun but it has a bunch of faults that hopefully Bungie will fix and they know how bad. frustrating the game is. Especially the f-n grinding. It such a pain and I only got one drop (enemy loot) of value and is from another character but i still play it. The Raids (once you can) are quite fun

Yes, the story is lacking but what is there I do find interesting.

I was not affected by the DLC nerfs on gear. I am affected by an inability to effectively buff gear for lack of currency. The borderlands model would make a LOT of sense in this game. As more players join in on a raid, the difficulty increases and raids are difficult enough to encourage, yet not necessarily require, a fireteam.

I am in the team that thinks raids should have a matchmaking option. Most stuff I find I can whittle my way through solo but, VOG, and possibly others TDB I have not played won't even properly trigger without multiple player. And if they do, they get patched.

The constant "tweaking" of guns, and the constant patching of cheese spots is annoying me almost as much. In a group, I can see how a safe tactical position might annoy some but solo in some of the heroic cheese is a tactical necessity and is a realistic choice. I find it more "cheesey" to have a character so buffed out with armor and gear that they essentially stand in plain sight and blast away.

I don't mind the grind so much. It's the peter and paul fixes that annoy the crap out of me. Used to be able to grind for mats and trade for marks. They flipped that, I didn't notice, and I burned through my marks. Really pissed about that.

Fallout NV lost appeal quickly for me. Would rather play Fallout 3 again than finish NV.

@DisturbdChemist: and any other HBT Destiny or XBox360 players. I am "DeepToot5N1", Lvl 29 Titan (female character) with Insurmountable helm and legendary base gear. Most of my gear is max to the point of needing ascendant for all remaining buffs. I do have a headset but don't use it by default and I am usually online after 9:30CST on weekdays until about midnight CST, randomly throughout the day on weekends, and often from 7:00 through 2:00am CST on weekend nights.

I may bite the bullet and do the crucible requirements for the two exotic bounties I have but remain undecided. Don't want to just do crucible for guaranteed rewards but, so far, am not impressed with crucible. Despite the balancing, I get pwned in crucible. I have unloaded clips into guardians only to get taken down with a single shot. Boggles the mind.

I'll be getting a ps4 in the next week since my taxes came back. ps4 players let me know your names!

I cant wait for Mortal Kombat X to come out!

I'll be getting a ps4 in the next week since my taxes came back. ps4 players let me know your names!

I cant wait for Mortal Kombat X to come out!

I am really torn with what console I will get next. If XBox One had backward compat with all my 360 games it would be decided already. There are a few PS titles that really interest me but most of the staples are of no interest, the same with Wii. Lots of fun games on all platforms but not enough to justify having more than 1 at a time, IMO.

I am really torn with what console I will get next. If XBox One had backward compat with all my 360 games it would be decided already. There are a few PS titles that really interest me but most of the staples are of no interest, the same with Wii. Lots of fun games on all platforms but not enough to justify having more than 1 at a time, IMO.

Mortal Kombat X made the decision for me. SWMBO is a xbox lover and i have always been playstation. Showed her the Marshawn Lynch vs Rob Gronk playing the game on conan and she agreed on a ps4.

Are the Destiny PS exclusives worth it?

I havent really noticed. The guns do not matter to me but there is an extra strike that is fun but i havent looked on the difference.

PS4- DisturbdChemist (got that one right)
XBL- DistubedChemist

I've been with xbox from the beginning and just got a ps4 with some extra money. I like the Xbox operation system a lot better. Multiple things running without closing each time as with the ps4. Now having both systems I still lean towards the Xbox One. Bigger and clunkier but I like the system and feels more advance.

Go north. Keep going north.

Not sure what to think of Evolve, all I've seen so far is a commercial for first time last night.

Not sure what to think of Dying Light, only seen one non-gameplay trailer for it.

Would like to get something new but if I don't hear or see anything of these two, I'll likely just wait for Battlefield: Hardline.

Anyone pick up Dying Light? It seemed like a slam dunk, 5 star, must have. So I picked it up and now I'm not so sure. I dislike a lot of the main characters so far and c'mon man wth is up with this parkour bs? Maybe it'll grow on me, idk?

Anyone pick up Dying Light? It seemed like a slam dunk, 5 star, must have. So I picked it up and now I'm not so sure. I dislike a lot of the main characters so far and c'mon man wth is up with this parkour bs? Maybe it'll grow on me, idk?

I dunno. I was really hopeful for The Evil Within based on preliminary reviews but, to me, it is just another "Zombie game" and I am not fond of them.

Fallout junkies,

You should look into the wasteland 2 game available on GOG.com, by the original designers of wasteland, which was the precursor to fallout. A lot of rights bought and sold etc between interplay and ea with that series but in a rare chance of good fortune, the corps signed off rights so original wasteland programmers could release the official sequel something like 20-30 years later. It's not without its problems, but lots of fun.

TD

Fallout junkies,

You should look into the wasteland 2 game available on GOG.com, by the original designers of wasteland, which was the precursor to fallout. A lot of rights bought and sold etc between interplay and ea with that series but in a rare chance of good fortune, the corps signed off rights so original wasteland programmers could release the official sequel something like 20-30 years later. It's not without its problems, but lots of fun.

TD

I've looked but, not very closely. For me Fallout 3 was all about the FPS immersion and the suspense of what's around the corner.

Everything I've seen about Wasteland2 is in a 3rd person Birds Eye view and not immersive.

I've looked but, not very closely. For me Fallout 3 was all about the FPS immersion and the suspense of what's around the corner.

Everything I've seen about Wasteland2 is in a 3rd person Birds Eye view and not immersive.

I guess depends on what you mean by immersive. Original wasteland was a classic and created the genre. I think some of the fallout 3 team was also part of the wasteland team. It's a fun turn based top down strategy/"rpg" game. The story is very immersive, but the combat is strategic not FPS style.

Played the Hardline Beta over the weekend. It got repetitive right quick being there were only two maps and a game mode or two but man... definitely can't wait. Fun stuff.

Already burnt out on COD:AW, bought the season pass and still have nothing to show for it. Quite disappointing, as usual.

Anyone played Dying Light yet?

I bought Dying Light yesterday and played for 30 mins or so. It was a fun game, I wish the weapons came easier. Like the Assassin Creed style climbing.

I guess depends on what you mean by immersive. Original wasteland was a classic and created the genre. I think some of the fallout 3 team was also part of the wasteland team. It's a fun turn based top down strategy/"rpg" game. The story is very immersive, but the combat is strategic not FPS style.

I, personally, just can't get pulled into (immersed) a turn based game. Nor does the world fade away for me on a third person/birds eye perspective. YRMV.

Alright, gang. I'm looking for a new game to get into. I'm not that connected to the gaming world, anymore, but I have deep roots with various games. MW series, Forza, Sega Classics...

Any suggestions for a new(ish) game?

Alright, gang. I'm looking for a new game to get into. I'm not that connected to the gaming world, anymore, but I have deep roots with various games. MW series, Forza, Sega Classics...

Any suggestions for a new(ish) game?

What system, or pc?

Eh not sure, depends what style you are looking for. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls has given me years of gameplay and is still fun to throw in now and then. The new call of duty can be highly frustrating. Battlefield 4 is super fun especially if trying to pilot a helicopter while drinking. Destiny was mildly disappointing.

Is it wrong that I bought two copies of Dying Light to parkour around a fictional city with my 9 going on 19 year old daughter?

My wife wasn't feeling well on Saturday and asked if we could just play video games together. She decided she wanted to finally try Diablo 3, so we played that together. It was nice. Although I was able to make dinner in the time it took her to 'organize' all her stuff she had accumulated on the game after a few hours of playing.

Although I was able to make dinner in the time it took her to 'organize' all her stuff she had accumulated on the game after a few hours of playing.

Ha. Tis' part of why I have yet to replay Skyrim/Fallout 3. Both are amazing games with phenomenal replay value. But, I am a virtual world hoarder. I spend more time fast traveling back and forth to make sure I get every last potato or bent tin can back to my homestead. :(

Ha. Tis' part of why I have yet to replay Skyrim/Fallout 3. Both are amazing games with phenomenal replay value. But, I am a virtual world hoarder. I spend more time fast traveling back and forth to make sure I get every last potato or bent tin can back to my homestead. :(

Hah... that reminds me of my friend who was the same way. He hoarded so much stuff into his house on Skyrim, that he could no longer use it. Whenever he would attempt to enter his house, his PS3 would crash.

I was fine with it until the expansion came out that allowed you to build your own house on a piece of land.. ugh. About to take a sick day and go lay in bed and play that lol.

My wife wasn't feeling well on Saturday and asked if we could just play video games together. She decided she wanted to finally try Diablo 3, so we played that together. It was nice. Although I was able to make dinner in the time it took her to 'organize' all her stuff she had accumulated on the game after a few hours of playing.

I would lose my wife, family and job if I got back on the Diablo.

I played Diablo II Classic (expansion is for noobs, so get pwned) until it was waaaaaaay too old to continue to do so.

I would CS run for hours and hours, MF for a few hours, then pvp/grief/trade until around 3-4 AM.

That Diablo stuff is crack man... no thanks.

Latest posts

Back