Type of fittings/hardware for Co2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hlmbrwng

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got 2 x 2.5 gal kegs and a 5 lb co2 tank. I was given a regulator, but I am not sure what type of connection it needs. The output diameter doesn't seem to be a size that I see online. Maybe I am reading the diameter wrong.

Please see attached photos.

I was hoping to use something like this, because the kegs are ball lock:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/gas-connector-kit-bl-ball-lock-version

Think that will work? Or do I need an adapter?

Thanks!

20161013_194444.jpg

20161013_194455.jpg

No, the 1/4" flare gasket goes inside the FFL swivel nut at the end of that hose before it is threaded onto the regulator fitting.

The cylinder coupler end of that regulator assembly requires either a fiber or nylon gasket to tuck inside the coupler nut before threading it onto the cylinder valve.
Like this one...

Cheers!

[edit] Yes, you found the other one. It's much larger and is flat while the 1/4" flare gasket has bevels and chamfers...

No, the 1/4" flare gasket goes inside the FFL swivel nut at the end of that hose before it is threaded onto the regulator fitting.

The cylinder coupler end of that regulator assembly requires either a fiber or nylon gasket to tuck inside the coupler nut before threading it onto the cylinder valve.
Like this one...

Thank you for the great info!

Back