Toaster oven elements?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAIV

Reaction score
So last night my wife wanted to throw out our toaster oven which hasnt had any problems at all. She got a different style toaster and i guess the old one wasnt very clean? Idk anyway it works fine and i started looking at it before taking it out and was like man i wonder if i could take it apart and ise anything from it. At the very least i could maybe use the cord? Idk but anyway im interested in making an electric kettle. I have considered just using my stove top for this which im sure would work since its got like a 3100 watt stove top element in it.

So should i just stick with the stove top idea? Or could this toaster oven actaully be used for something. I think it has 2 heating elements and a timer knob (which might need to be bypassed) and a heat setting knob and it has a grounded 120v plug on it

You could use it to toast grains and make your own crystal malts or maybe a hop dryer/malt dryer if grown your own or malt your own. I made a Cerakote oven using toaster oven parts and a temp controller if you like refinishing firearms. You could make a pottery kiln.

Other then that toaster ovens and water do not mix. The elements are not like water heater elements that have threaded connections designed to be submerged in water.

Back