Taverns/pubs along Danube & Rhine (Budapest to Amsterdam)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippy123

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We will be leaving soon for a river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. Seeking suggestions for taverns, brew pubs, and beer styles to try at stops along the way. Many city stops are on the intinerary including Budapest, Vienna, Melk, Passau, Regensburg, Nuremberg, Bamburg, Wurzburg, Wartheim, Cologne, and Kinderdijk. This will be our first time in central Europe and we are looking forward to the trip.

I enjoy all of the styles associated with central Europe including the traditional Belgian, German, and Bavarian styles. So I figure I'll have more options than time!

My wife enjoys dry reds and dry whites so if there's a wine you're familiar with along the way that we might not see in the US we would appreciate those suggestions as well.

Thanks in advance.

Took that cruise last year and loved it. I did not make it a beer cruise, but would recommend the following:
  • The Weltenburg Abbey excusion -- Weltenburg is the oldest operating abbey brewery. The church in the Abbey is unbelievable.
  • Fruh brewery and the Gaffel brewery in Koln (Cologne). Be aware that they will continue to bring you Kolshs when you get low until you put your coaster on top of your glass.
Enjoy the trip. The locks are amazing by the way.

Latest posts

Back