Suggestions for a high quality regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aharri1

In Rembrance 6/2023
Reaction score
My regulator seems to either set the pressure to high or to low no matter how I set it. I think it's getting worn out! I don't mind spending some money getting a good quality one but I've never bought one just used the one my Kegerator came with about 2 or 3 years ago. Anyone have any suggestions on a good quality dual gauge?

if you don't trust your regulator readings, how are you determining the pressure does not match the setting?
Going by the foam lol. The more I play with it looks like I found a narrow window in which you can adjust it where it gets high to low fast. it's just a cheap and it's working; just need a better one.

I think I'm going to replace it with the taprite Dual one so I can have a keg at the faucet and a party tap going at the same time until I buy a dual Tower! Thanks for the input everyone!

Going by the foam lol. The more I play with it looks like I found a narrow window in which you can adjust it where it gets high to low fast. it's just a cheap and it's working; just need a better one.

There are a lot of things that can affect head and lacing other than pressure. Are you sure your posts, lines and taps are clean and free of hops, trub and similar debris? Has your pour changed recently or has it always been sketchy? And Yes, I also have a taprite regulator.

There are a lot of things that can affect head and lacing other than pressure. Are you sure your posts, lines and taps are clean and free of hops, trub and similar debris? Has your pour changed recently or has it always been sketchy? And Yes, I also have a taprite regulator.
Before I hooked up The Keg I disassembled everything ran powdered cleaner mixed with hot water and soaked all the parts then ran sanitizer through the lines and water through all the lines and it came out great. My pour has always been pretty good I think the dial is just kind of cheap and has a very small adjustment window where it jumps 3 to 4 psi quickly. I've found out how to mess with it to get it to hold pressure at the right psi now and my beer is coming out great. Thanks for the advice!!

I recommend everyone to replace suspect pressure gauges. I actually replaced all of mine over the course of about a year (due to the cost of the gauges I was buying).

My personal preference that you can get fairly easily from Amazon are Winters P9S gauges. These can be zeroed, and they are accurate to 2/1/2, which is really good for their price.

I also have a 4 inch WIKA test gauge accurate to .25% of span that I use to zero all the gauges and check their accuracy regularly. If you can get your hands on something like this, it increases your confidence in your pressure readings considerably.

I recommend everyone to replace suspect pressure gauges. I actually replaced all of mine over the course of about a year (due to the cost of the gauges I was buying).

My personal preference that you can get fairly easily from Amazon are Winters P9S gauges. These can be zeroed, and they are accurate to 2/1/2, which is really good for their price.

I also have a 4 inch WIKA test gauge accurate to .25% of span that I use to zero all the gauges and check their accuracy regularly. If you can get your hands on something like this, it increases your confidence in your pressure readings considerably.
Thank you for the info !!

Back