Reusing White Labs vials.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maf58d

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Vanilla bean, halved and split, in brandy.

P2200008.jpg

I like to clean them, fill them with premium Tequila and quickly invert them into an icy Margarita, letting the fine liquor slowly drain out as I sip. It makes a cool presentation for a Mexican themed cocktail/dinner party.

The vials are quit nice once the label and glue are cleaned off, and are great for small clean storage or extracts,- or margarita makers. Would like to read what other folk may have used them for. --Mark F.--

I've used them for liquid cooking ingredients when backpacking, where weight and space leans away from bring the full syrup or ketchup bottles.

May I start out by saying that I have only ever used dry yeast and then just sent them on their way after the deed was done. If I were to get in the habit of saving some of my soldiers could you store them in the vials again after cleaning or is that a big no no?

Someone just recently recommended I use a white labs vial to test for "too much CO2" in my homemade wine. Take a sample of wine, cap, shake....if there is a hiss- too much CO2. Going to try this soon.

May I start out by saying that I have only ever used dry yeast and then just sent them on their way after the deed was done. If I were to get in the habit of saving some of my soldiers could you store them in the vials again after cleaning or is that a big no no?

Washed and sanitized, They should be ready to go again. --Mark F.--

Thats what I used them for. Ive started a yeast library with them.

I used one the night I got to taste Heady Topper to steal the dregs to capture some Conan.
I have seen them used as cool looking grain/hops/beer filled tap handles.
Definitely am going to steal the tincture/extract making idea.
With how thick walled they are, they should be perfect for freezing yeast.

Also, for easy removal of the adhesive, you still cannot beat WD-40 and a paper towel.

Back