Playoff Hockey!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcav

Still Believing In God, Family &This Great Country
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just want to wish my team well and say "Let's Go Lightning!" They are up two goals to zip after the first period and off to a good start. Feel free here to talk up your favorite team and wish them well! It's going to be a great run to the cup this year!

John

My team missed the cut. So did the two teams I despise the most. At least there is some consolation.

I'm rooting for Vegas.

Vegas is going to be so tough to beat. They can really take this thing if the other teams don't figure out how to play them!

John

I hope my Predators can kick it into gear and fire up the Smashville crowd! Last year was a tough pill to swallow..I can not stand the Penguins, but we finally got a UNO Mavericks name on the cup (Jake Guentzel). Speaking of which, Andre Suster with TB Lightning came from UNO as well..Oh well, lets go Preds!

Damn, now Doughty will be suspended for tonight’s game. [emoji35]

My Bruins are looking strong right now, pleased how they've dominated Toronto through two games...

Cheers!

cut-2-590x500.jpg

Alright Lightning got two wins, in two games! Gonna be a little tougher when they play the Devils at home tomorrow in Jersey. Trippr your Bruins are schooling Toronto. Looking very strong.

John

Go Bruins !! Apparently I lied a few posts up suggesting that Jeremy Jacobs graduated from Amherst High the year I was born. He is only 78 .. 13 years older than I. But anyhooooo ... when the Sabres are out, which is about the second week of the regular season these days, I pull for the Bruins. Go all the way boys.

Good game tonite but a tip o' the proverbial cap to the Leafs for holding serve - for one game, anyway.
I'm betting the Bruins take Game 4...

Cheers!

Last edited:
The Lightning let one get by them. Took some bad penalties and had a few bad calls but that is hockey. Tough to beat the Devils at home who are hungry to get back in it. Hopefully they can come back to Tampa with three wins under their belt.

Ok the boys took care of business last night! With three games under their belt, hopefully Saturday in Tampa we can put this series to bed!

Ok the boys took care of business last night! With three games under their belt, hopefully Saturday in Tampa we can put this series to bed!

Man did you see Kuch drop Sami. Wow what a hit. Pretty close to a game suspension for head hit, but they ruled against it. Devils might come out hard Saturday. Wish we still had Andre Roy. That guy was a peacekeeper (the sawed-off-shotgun variety).

Man did you see Kuch drop Sami. Wow what a hit. Pretty close to a game suspension for head hit, but they ruled against it. Devils might come out hard Saturday. Wish we still had Andre Roy. That guy was a peacekeeper (the sawed-off-shotgun variety).

That was a huge hit! Glad they let it go ruled it was not a violation. Did you see Coburn upend and dump Coleman into the Devil's bench! That was huge too! Here is a look:
https://www.nhl.com/lightning/video/coburn-dumps-coleman-into-bench/t-277437434/c-59978203

That was a huge hit! Glad they let it go ruled it was not a violation. Did you see Coburn upend and dump Coleman into the Devil's bench! That was huge too! Here is a look:
https://www.nhl.com/lightning/video/coburn-dumps-coleman-into-bench/t-277437434/c-59978203

Haha, yes, that was super awesome. To his credit, Coleman bounced right back onto the ice and kept going. Those guys are tough. Miller, who has been a super great acq, got a puck to the face in the 2nd period, went to the lockerroom, and was back on the ice at the beginning of 3rd period with 13 stitches. So tough. He was bleeding a little during Game 4.

Meanwhile, Toronto is officially on thin ice, after game four turned on a dime late in the 2nd with Marchand scoring on a beaut of an odd-man rush.
Elimination games start Saturday...

Cheers!

cut-2-590x500.jpg

Meanwhile, Toronto is officially on thin ice, after game four turned on a dime late in the 2nd with Marchand scoring on a beaut of an odd-man rush.
Elimination games start Saturday...

Cheers!

cut-2-590x500.jpg
Broke my heart. Toronto was dominating the puck for most of that game. The D was just cheating too many times and got caught. Good game though.

Tuukka had a great game, there were at least a few highlight reel saves that kept Boston in it when the momentum could have swung 180°.

And it was a weird game, what with the B's jumping in front in the first half minute, then watching Rask stone the Leafs for what seemed like forever as they rained shots on him before they finally tied it up. Then a lot more Rask, and finally the Marchand score that seemed to let the air out of Toronto a bit. From that point I think the Bruins had things mostly under control.

tbh I think this ends Saturday. The B's have everything going in their favor - especially if Bergeron can go...

Cheers!

The Bolts closed out the series with the Devils! My wife and I were at a wedding and in the waiting area of the reception in the other room there was a huge screen tv near the bar. Guess what everyone was doing..... "I will be right there honey gotta get another drink from the bar" (taking my sweet time so I can catch some of the game multiple times). So at one point she is like "I know you don't drink that much" for as many times as me and the other guys were getting up and going into the other room. She then had to use the restroom and went into the other room and we all got busted watching the game. To my defense the groom was with us!

hahahaha! I've done a lot of sneaking out to the public bars during weddings held in close proximity. One does what one must :mug:

I'm feeling a bit concerned about my Bruins having to go at least 6.
They came out flat yesterday and got run over in the 1st, and all the good 2nd and 3rd period work went for naught.
Bad juju...

I know what you mean about them opening the door, I was hoping the Lightning would snap back after dropping one to the Devils. The Bruins are an awesome team with so much talent. I really think they will rise to the occasion. But if they don't I won't be upset cause they will give the Bolts a run for their money!

John

Back