Official Untappd Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is beer?

4WM0lW8.jpg

God, people used to pull that **** so often. That's what lead to the policy of creation bans. I'm sure it still happens, because people aren't as funny as they think they are, especially when they've been drinking.

I mean, but dat HF well water, right?

Anyone else's app completely useless right now? There was an update on the 5th and I feel like I've at least opened it since then but maybe not. But I can't search for beers, can't see my own checkins, can't see any friends or their checkins, etc. I also just got an error popup when navigating to the Notifications tab, says "Oh no! Something has gone wrong. Please try again."

Mine was doing that for a day or so and then worked fine. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Mine has had an issue with typing anywhere. I have to wait for each individual character to load or it just freaks out and autofills a bunch of nonsense. Anyone else having similar issues?

Can anyone help me with adding my house as a venue on Untappd? I've created a Foursquare and Foursqaure Swarm account, created a location, made it public, checked into the location on both apps, and connected Untappd with Foursquare in my account settings, and I still cannot find the location I've created on Untappd. Played around with this for a few hours last night and it's frustrating the **** out of me.

Can anyone help me with adding my house as a venue on Untappd? I've created a Foursquare and Foursqaure Swarm account, created a location, made it public, checked into the location on both apps, and connected Untappd with Foursquare in my account settings, and I still cannot find the location I've created on Untappd. Played around with this for a few hours last night and it's frustrating the **** out of me.

#ihateuntapped

Is the location type set to a house or residence? IIRC they stopped displaying those a while back.

Is the location type set to a house or residence? IIRC they stopped displaying those a while back.

I made it a beach bar. Just so weird how I'm having such a hard time with something as simple as this. I've followed every instruction and step that I've come across and still can't get it to work.

I made it a beach bar. Just so weird how I'm having such a hard time with something as simple as this. I've followed every instruction and step that I've come across and still can't get it to work.
Well that's all I got, you could try asking on the support forum linked in the OP, just don't mention that it's your house you're trying to add.

Billf Can you assist?

Billf Can you assist?
Unless Bill is also a super-user on 4square (which I don't believe he is, though some of us are on both) he can't do anything more than I do. Though IIRC he actually pays attention to the Slack so maybe he knows more than me.

The new Middle of the Road badge is a joke.

Yeah, a 9.9% beer totally fits the parameters of "more than a session beer, but something you can have a couple rounds of." :rolleyes:

In b4 all Untappd badges are a joke.

Is the flavor text for the badge "A couple of these and you'll end up driving home in the middle of the road?"

The new Middle of the Road badge is a joke.

Yeah, a 9.9% beer totally fits the parameters of "more than a session beer, but something you can have a couple rounds of." :rolleyes:

In b4 all Untappd badges are a joke.

Ive drank 150+ different examples of berliner weisse and just earned my level 1 badge. Pretty safe to say the badges have always been a joke.

I'm just tired of the longer load times and the extra clicks. I hardly use it anymore.
I use it a fraction of what I use to. I still catch myself opening it up from time to time just to see what my friends are drinking but it gets boring seeing the same old individuals blasting through dozens of thimble sized pours per day.

Also, the "flavor profile" section is about the most useless thing ever. I was looking up a beer the other day that I was genuinely curious about. Its description as provided by user reviews and the flavor profile was: "very sweet" "quite dry"

Back