Neato bottle labels help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoDatDad78

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm taking my first shot at printing labels. I purchased labels from Amazon and designed the labels from Neato's software. Now I'm trying to print them. Four labels per page get printed in the upper 1/4 page. I guess I'm doing something incorrect. Can anyone guide me thru this thing or give me some tips? I feel like there is a setting I don't know about. I'm using a HP deskjet 3050.

View attachment 1497706129321.jpg

Sorry I'm not familiar with that program, is it showing that way in the preview? I hate wasting ink like that... Maybe you need smaller bottles ;)

Sorry I'm not familiar with that program, is it showing that way in the preview? I hate wasting ink like that... Maybe you need smaller bottles ;)

It shows up normal size in their interwebz program. I've fixed PART of the problem, there is an option to save as a PDF then print from there. It's now the right size and direction, but alignment is off. If I move it in either direction to correct it, the labels in the opposite direction get cut off. So basically, they all need to be spread out about a 1/4" in each direction. You really need experience with graphic design software to use these. Terrible design.

I've been designing labels in keynote (Apple's PowerPoint) then getting a screenshot, then arranging the images on a page. No collars. My description sounds more labor intensive than it is. Good luck. Maybe you'll want to share in the show us your label thread. :mug:

For your original attempt, it looks like maybe you needed to go into the printer settings and switch the orientation to "Landscape".

The PDF might be off because sometimes they aren't exactly the same as the original source - there could be margins around the edges of the PDF so it shrinks the original source image.

I'd recommend fiddling with some settings and printing on normal paper and then lining it up with your labels to know when you've found the proper alignment.

I did try the landscape mode, but that actually made it worse. My printer doesn't allow for any type of fine tuning in the settings unfortunately. I think I'll just transfer it to word and print on regular paper, then use the milk application. In retrospect the Neato product is a nice attempt, but their instructions and customer service leave a lot to be desired. I would not buy again. I'm sure there is a better software option out there that allows more control.

To me it looks like a software problem. Somewhere in the Neato software there is an area to tell it Portrait or Landscape. Being that one must buy there paper in order to get the software template is kind of ridiculous,especially these days. Have the software down-loadable, allow us to create our design, and then we will buy the paper.

Usually when I am working with stuff like this I will print the labels on just regular piece of paper first, then slip than sheet underneath the Neato paper and see if they line up by holding them up to a light source.

Personally I use a program called Art Explosion by Nova Developments. Works for making my labels, but everybody has their own favorite program.

I did try the landscape mode, but that actually made it worse. My printer doesn't allow for any type of fine tuning in the settings unfortunately. I think I'll just transfer it to word and print on regular paper, then use the milk application. In retrospect the Neato product is a nice attempt, but their instructions and customer service leave a lot to be desired. I would not buy again. I'm sure there is a better software option out there that allows more control.
Hi. The labels I used are very similar to yours, but I got mine from onlinelabels.com. They also have an online based design program that's called Maestro that makes it very easy to design, print, and save your labels. When you buy labels, the full version is free to use. I found it to work very well, and it even has an fine tune feature to tweak the exact printing location on your particular printer. I also agree with @tracyk about printing on a blank sheet of paper, then holding that against a label sheet to verify your print. It's a lot cheaper than screwing up labels. Hope this helps. Ed
:mug:

Latest posts

Back