My very first home brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPNewBrew

Reaction score
IMG_1523.jpg

My inaugural homebrew -American Wheat. Might be proud papa, but it tastes gooood!

Very drinkable, light on the hops, to me very close to the taste of a Blue Moon without the citrus. It's Northern Brewer's American Wheat extract kit, 1 gallon size. After this was bottled (2 weeks ago), I have another wheat fermenting, a Palmer's premium beer kit called "Kent's Hollow Leg". Moved up to 2.5 gallon after the first batch.!

View attachment 593760

My inaugural homebrew -American Wheat. Might be proud papa, but it tastes gooood!
This is actually last mouthful of my first brew. American amber ale kit from brewer's best. I have about 10 days or so until my second beer is bottled and ready for drinking (luckily I have 3 gallons of mead to drink that I have made). It's nice to see how well others are doing and i hope it taste as good as it looks

This is actually last mouthful of my first brew. American amber ale kit from brewer's best. I have about 10 days or so until my second beer is bottled and ready for drinking (luckily I have 3 gallons of mead to drink that I have made). It's nice to see how well others are doing and i hope it taste as good as it looks
Wasn't sure if my picture came through on the Mobil sorry if it's a double post
1540080026799.jpeg

Very drinkable, light on the hops, to me very close to the taste of a Blue Moon without the citrus. It's Northern Brewer's American Wheat extract kit, 1 gallon size. After this was bottled (2 weeks ago), I have another wheat fermenting, a Palmer's premium beer kit called "Kent's Hollow Leg". Moved up to 2.5 gallon after the first batch.!

2 weeks and your up to more than double the batch size! give it a couple years and you'll be brewing 10-20 gal batches and have 3 refrigerators!

you either bottle, or haven't made the plunge into lagers?
LMAO.....it's the 2nd. I haven't made it to lagers yet!

Been kegging for about 2 years. That's the 2nd fridge. Trying to figure out where I can get a fermenting/lagering fridge in the house without pissing off the wife. Lol.

Grats, nothing more satisfying than that first pint of your own brew!

We need to talk about your glass choice though :p

Those 1-gal kits are AWESOME for getting people started in the homebrew community or if you have super limited space! I brewed once or twice a week in college on a kit that my then-girlfriend-now-wife gave me for christmas.

Learn a bunch and brew on!

Wasn't sure if my picture came through on the Mobil sorry if it's a double post View attachment 593780

The color looks great. That's either a very fast camera or I wonder what the FG was though. My beer always runs down the side of the glass when it's on its side. That stayed in the bottom like a hockey puck.

(End sarcasm)

Congrats to you both on getting the first batch in the glass and enjoying them.

The color looks great. That's either a very fast camera or I wonder what the FG was though. My beer always runs down the side of the glass when it's on its side. That stayed in the bottom like a hockey puck.

(End sarcasm)

Congrats to you both on getting the first batch in the glass and enjoying them.
at work right now but FG was about 1.020 - 1.022 if memory serves me correctly. I had my phone sideways not the glass its why the picture was screwy

Congratulations! The first brew is so very exciting, you made it, you know what ingredients are in it, and how it was done. Welcome to the slippery slope of home brewing. The beauty is you can keep it simple or go complex, whatever you prefer. Either way you get beer!

Back