it's very quiet today....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I mean... I know I forgot to put on deodorant this morning, but...

where is everybody? You guys are making me focus on my 'real' work, and that sucks. ;)

-walker

we should take off from work early and go to a pub. put an end to this "productivity" crap.

-walker

That would be a great plan if the wifie weren't going out of town for a few days tomorrow. Gotta put in some face time. Otherwise, Edenton St. has a pumpkin ale I like quite a bit right now.

Are the Brits passed out, then? Isn't david_42 retired?

yeah, I can't really hit a bar early because I have offspring (or 'spawn' as I like to call them.) That was wishful thinking.

Daddy's got to be in the house after work until the spawn go to bed (8pm). Speaking of which, I need to head out of here and get back to the house.

I do want to catch you sometime to say hello in person. When you planning to go to the LHBS next? I'm going down sometime this weekend to get the yeast for my 80/-.

-walker

Actually, I was bad and ordered online for the next batch since I needed melanoidin malt and didn't feel like having it possibly special ordered. Shipping/gas from Fuquay is also about a wash. But I'll definitely be going by for the batch after next and will let you know.

Edit: this weekend is also the Brewgrass festival, so I'll either be festing or tenting!

I actually do some work for once and come back to this ;) Despite how often I'm on here during the day, I do like to get some things (okay, maybe not plural) done while I'm at work :D

Then it's home to work on my soul calibur game. My budies stomped me after a brief wins. I have to redeem my honor, and stuff :)

I'm truely shocked you are wasting your employers time by posting on this site. Due to the time differences I'm being forced into bed with my gorgeous, devilish, sex goddess, perfect bodied fiancee...Otherwise i'd track your employers down and report such flagrant abuse of computer mis-use. Night night guys.....

well, just finished a full day (10 hrs) of work at the office, and now I am sitting in a classroom waiting for session to start. I started my master's this fall...

man is it cutting into my beer-time!!!

Nothing fun- Master's of Information Technology Management. I can do it free through work, so that is good, and I am an I.T. manager, so it fits. I might take a couple classes and transfer to a tech MBA though.

I got to meetings--- but usually at a pub.

Alcoholics are quitters that go to meetings.

Let me jump in for the Admins. and remind everyone that the Drunken Ramblings zone is for drunks only . If you happen to be drunk at work or school, fine. If not, kindly use the Gen. Chit- Chat area to free this one for the drunks who may be waiting to use it. There are drunks in other time zones who would enjoy the same freedoms we have....... I'm just saying, that's all.....

I've got a bottle of Thwaites premium Thoroughbred.

Brewed in celebration of the Thwaites award winning Shire Horses, Thoroughbred is a light, almost golden beer with a delicate combination of Maris Otter and Pearl malts, with a distinctive hoppy aroma derived from the blend of Fuggles and Goldings hops. A quaffing beer if ever there was one!

BitterPintAndDisplay.jpg

sudsmonkey said:
Let me jump in for the Admins. and remind everyone that the Drunken Ramblings zone is for drunks only . If you happen to be drunk at work or school, fine. If not, kindly use the Gen. Chit- Chat area to free this one for the drunks who may be waiting to use it. There are drunks in other time zones who would enjoy the same freedoms we have....... I'm just saying, that's all.....
Finally someone has the courage to stand up (OK maybe not stand) and say what we've all been thinking...there's just way too much sobriety going on here. :mad:

One problem with retirement, you can't come home from work & get drunk.

Tonight's Agenda

1. Sample New Wet Hop IPA - Done
2. Sample Church of Chocolate Brown
3. Sample Blackberry Cider

4. Try and decide which one goes in the keggerator! *

* Note to self: resample as neccessary.

Had to do it, my Brother. It's not fair for the few to carry the drinking burden for the many. We're all in this together, and the future of the Forum depends on us. When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, did anybody say " You guys handle it . " ? No ! When we dropped the bomb on Cleveland, weren't we a nation united? When those darn Brits came over here to take away our tea and DME, did we lay down for it? NO ! This site is the best. Without rules, we might as well be the green one( and some of us have gone there, at least once)! Any...way! Thanks for your kind words, P.
Orfy- That is one more tasty looking brew. Wife came in and caught me licking the screen. She thought I was looking at Sudster's Dear Abbey post again, but calmed down when she saw the beer. :drunk: :drunk:

Ants in the party tap! Bummer, too much folic acid in my diet already.

Is a butty a pasty or am I looking at this from the wrong side?

I'm gonna wait for him to answer, cuz I don't want to hack him off when I start making fun of his sandwich. :D

El Pistolero said:
I'm gonna wait for him to answer, cuz I don't want to hack him off when I start making fun of his sandwich. :D
And what the Hell are you talking about? Is that some kind of Tejas slang?
Gotta get me one of them marmite butties... :drunk:

sudsmonkey said:
Orfy, Don't you have to work tomorrow? You'll be paying for the beer and butties before you know it.

No but I do have a bathroom to tile and a 5 hour round trip to pick up 6 beer kegs 2 fermenting bins and a bottle of gas.

I'm just trying to figure out if I should have that last bottle of beer and some left over crispy chili beef.

Speaking of which... What's up with the new James Bond ? None of them were Bond after Roger Moore. I'd be happy with a new Bond movie with Sean Connery with his gray hair and beard. He could STILL kick Pierce Brosnan's ass any day ! :drunk:

Back