Howdy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
Hey all! I got to poking around in here, and like what I've seen! That, and saw that a co-worker/buddy of mine is a member as well, so I had to join up and crap in a couple of his threads. Maybe he'll catch on. He's been bragging about that brown ale of his....the first batch he brewed. He has failed to give me credit for helping him with it! :D

Anyway, I'm in the USAF, married with a 2 1/2 yr old maniac son. I'd been interested in brewing for a long time. Turns out above-mentioned buddy and I both asked for brewing kits for Christmas. He'd been doing his homework for a long time, so I watched as he did his first batch. Did my first batch a week later! That was about 2 months ago.

Now my first batch (a hefe) is gone. My second and third are bottle conditioning, and my fourth is in the secondary. I'm itching to do a gnarly IPA next, so I'll be keeping my eye out for recipes!

So far it's a hobby I really enjoy and want to learn more about, so you'll see me asking some mighty dumb questions. :D

Sam

Hey Sam,

Glad you found us! I make a lot of IPA. It's one of our favorite always-on-tap house beers. Let me know if I can help out.

Welcome to the forum. Cheers! :D

LOL...dude you crack me up...maniac son....

This is a great site. We've got a few real knowledgeable folks who know what's going on, as you'll soon see.

And thanks for the help with the first Brown Ale, it's almost gone. :D Better get your butt over here before it's a distant memory....Although last time I was at the brew shop (when I bought the Steam beer ingredients) I picked up another Brown Ale batch....so that's getting ready to be racked over to secondary mighty quick. Had to brew another of those because my family is crying for more homebrew......

Anyway, great to see you sniffing around!!! :cool:

Thanks fellas! Seems like a great place.

Orr....I'm gonna do my best to get together an IPA recipe this week. We need to head down to the HBS and brew this weekend! I gotta get it going, because I'm off to the Academy next month!!

Back