How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started my second batch (Fat tire clone). My first batch is bottled and will be ready Thursday, unfortunately I am out of town and will not be able to try it until Thanksgiving.

My buddy invited me to join the website (his post is about two below mine). I bought a kit after going to the GABF last month.

Well I am in need of help. So I Yahoo-ed! and here I am. Now I'm going to try and find a forum with my problem. Thanks.:mug:

i found this site by googling for brewing forums. forums usually have a lot of information by a crowd of people willing to share with others

Hi all. This is a first for me - ie, posting to a great looking forum like this. I started out 6 years ago with a fermenter inherited from my grandfather, brewed twice (both were good) then got lazy and packed it away for 4 years. It took a mate who bought a new Coopers Homebrew kit to get me back into it and havn't looked back since. I now focus on experimenting with brews like crazy and have had good success so far.
Thanks to a friend in IT i now have a website i ramble on at (www.vikingbrewhouse.com ..... shameless plug!!!) and am now brewing traditional method lagers in a fridge alondside the ales. The equipment has grown to three extra 30 litre (8.5 gallon) fermenters, the 400 litre (114 gallon) working fridge, 2 immersion heaters and not enough space for storage of the product! (perhaps I should drink faster?!)
I love getting down and dirty with a new brew and most definately love playing around and parting with the standard recipe.
I also love brewing with honey as the primary fermentable because of the sheer unpreddicability of the finished taste and the challenge it presents to get some consistancy
I also tend to ramble on a bit too much!
Havn't tried an all grain brew yet, but gradually working on the method with extracts and extra grains & hops to bet a bit more experience and confidence.
Happy brewing and happier consuming fellow brewers
Cheers from the Pintmaster

I just kinda found you guys while doing a search for something else I was interested in. Darn glad I did, hard to find new and active beer forums. Everyone close to Southern Oklahoma say howdy, could always know more brewers in the area.

Cheers all. Haven't had too much of chance to look around the forums but was happy enough to register after a yahoo search.
Fairly new to brewing, have done 3 different beer batches and an absolutely smashing ginger beer in my Coopers Kit. Have pretty much stuck to the kits so far- except for the ginger which got a good whack extra fresh ginger, lemons, honey and black sugar- but am dead keen to be mixing it up a little and moving to grain as I get more practised. Looking forward to benefiting from your advice, ta.

Louise said:
Cheers all. Haven't had too much of chance to look around the forums but was happy enough to register after a yahoo search.
Fairly new to brewing, have done 3 different beer batches and an absolutely smashing ginger beer in my Coopers Kit. Have pretty much stuck to the kits so far- except for the ginger which got a good whack extra fresh ginger, lemons, honey and black sugar- but am dead keen to be mixing it up a little and moving to grain as I get more practised. Looking forward to benefiting from your advice, ta.

Right on Louise! Welcome to the hobby/sport/obsession. :D There are a lot of people here who know far far more than I, but it's a good bunch of people. Am I right to assume you're from across the water from the colonies?

Ize

hrm, I think I just googled it. Yeah that was it "Homebrew forums" as the search. Must have been the google bomb lol. :p

Ize said:
Am I right to assume you're from across the water from the colonies?

Ize

Outside Sydney. Very thirsty weather here at the moment. I can sense this could easily become an obsession for me. I am a chef so this whole recipe experimentation is right up my alley, but also very new and has me quite excited!

Hi,
I found your site while searching for Chechvar. I was fortunate to have tasted the real Budweiser on tap in Berlin (1980) and I haven't had it since then. Except checkvar in bottles. Doesn't quite taste the same.

I am new to forums and haven't brewed my own beer yet. I am looking forward to it.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in brewing and kegging my own beer since I have a kegerator. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Especially where to get started. Like what equipment I need to get and where to get it.

Thanks,
gravely

I'm fairly sure I used Google, but I book marked the page and have been a lurker for @ month now.

I began my first batch of HB yesterday and found this site indispensable! Good advice and tricks o' the trade for us newbies :rockin:

can't really remember. it's been a while since i put the web address in favorites
but it was either google or brew your own magazine.

Typed home brewing forum into the search tool on aol and it was the first link to appear.

I clicked on the link and I still haven't check what was #2!

Great site.

Thanx for the welcome - found on the web. Just Browsing. Was looking at getting (back) into brewing afer a while and had a few qeustions.

Glad to find this site. Just starting to brew and looking for tips to get a better brew. I have made a batch of IPA, that came out drinkable, at least i drank it, and have a batch of porter that is just adequate.

Cheers

Rick

HI,

I am just now starting to brew again and am needing some help. I have some 13 year old beer that has not been cared for temperature wise. It still has carbonation and I am wanting to run it through a still. Any ideas about the safety of the results? Good to find folks with the same interests!

Latest posts

Back