Hello all, and thanks in advance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy63

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and thanks in advance for all the information. I have spent nearly the last two full days on this site just reading.

I am sure that you all will have to suffer through some of my stupid questions, but I will be truly appreciative for information.

A bit about myself: Live in the Great State of Oklahoma. Football and beer are big here and football isn't going great right now! I have a wife and 4 kids who are not happy with all the time I am spending with brewing beer. Started with an equipment kit I got last Christmas. Now I drool over thinking about the next gadget or the next batch. Have done 5 batches so far; my favorite is a nut brown ale. My father in law likes it a lot too -- he says that that's how real beer tastes. I guess that was a compliment!

This site is wonderful. I am thinking about making the jump to all-grain. Is it that difficult?? Have done some extract with grains but mashing just sounds like fun!!

I live in Enid, Oklahoma. North central part of the state. 1.5 hrs from OKC and 2 hrs from Tulsa. Enid is home to Vance Air Force Base. Very glad to have it here and very proud of the pilots we train here!!

timmy63 said:
Live in the Great State of Oklahoma. Football and beer are big here and football isn't going great right now! I have a wife and 4 kids who are not happy with all the time I am spending with brewing beer.
Welcome to the forum timmy...I'm a transplanted Okie myself, and yeah you're right, things aren't so hot right now. All I can say is relax and have a homebrew...the ship will right itself. At least now you don't have to worry to much about whether you should brew on Saturday. :cool:

As for the wife and kids, make them do all the cleaning and sanitizing, and wash all your bottles. If they complain tell em it's so you'll have more time to spend with them. :D

El Pistolero said:
As for the wife and kids, make them do all the cleaning and sanitizing, and wash all your bottles. If they complain tell em it's so you'll have more time to spend with them. :D

Tangent - this is a brilliant concept!

Welcome, Timmy - lots of friendly people and good advice here. Pull up a chair and join the fun!

Back