First timer from NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Hi all, another new guy here. I'm from Castleton NY(just south of Albany) and the Homebrew Emporium is where I shop. I've been brewing form the last couple of years but only 2-3 batches a year. Just popped the top on my first Lager, a Germon Dortmunder which came out pretty good considering I had no idea what I was doing with lagering it. Hope to learn alot from all of you here. This seems to be a good place to gather.

Dave aka Brewman45

2nd Street Brewery said:
Hi all, another new guy here. I'm from Castleton NY(just south of Albany) and the Homebrew Emporium is where I shop. I've been brewing form the last couple of years but only 2-3 batches a year. Just popped the top on my first Lager, a Germon Dortmunder which came out pretty good considering I had no idea what I was doing with lagering it. Hope to learn alot from all of you here. This seems to be a good place to gather.

Dave aka Brewman45

Welcome to the forum! We are mostly all new brewers, but we've got enough veteran brewmasters here to make this a dangerous place!
I'm sure you could teach us a few tricks!
I started in January of this year, and did a few extract batches. Moved on to AG this past week. Next, Siebel Institute! :D

Welcome!

I lived in NY for a couple years. Quite a bit north and west of you......a city called Watertown. If you ever have the chance to go there.....skip it. :D

Lots of good folks here, and like ORRELSE said, most of us are rookies. Some more rookie than others. If you have good advice, please give it. If you have questions, please ask them!

Sam

Back