Final brew of 2019

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulshine2

Reaction score
To celebrate the last full moon of the year this is probably my last brew of the year. Right after new years im told i may be working tons of overtime for the next straight couple years or more.
Its an oatmeal chocolate milk stout that i kinda boosted the gravity a bit .
According to my digital refractometer the brix measurement was 23.5 , making gravity 1.095
With a prediction of an ABV of near 11%.
Im calling it Dark Side of the Moon.

I brewed my final batch a week ago. A bourbon vanilla porter. I'd love to brew something during the 12 days I have off for the holidays, but I have way to many full kegs waiting to be tapped. I brewed 25 batches this year, the most I've done in 5 years of brewing, so I'm happy.

My last brew of the year will also likely be an oatmeal chocolate milk stout, my favorite one that I make, esp in the cold winter months. I have all the ingredients, just need to figure out when and have my friend mill the grains. Cheers!

I'll be brewing my last of the year on Sunday. A strawberry blonde ale and maris otter/el dorado smash. Looking for a few quick turn around beers to fill kegs.

Egad man! Get your priorities straight. Brewing is ahead of work on the priority list!!! You just need to work enough to buy what you WANT for brewing.
I have 32 months to go before I am able to pull my retirement. I also have a 1951 Chevy 3100 (pre-retirement project) Im working on so besides beer money , brewing money and the other pesky bills that keep showing up I have a truck parts and tool fund that needs constant refilling.

I brewed my final batch a week ago. A bourbon vanilla porter. I'd love to brew something during the 12 days I have off for the holidays, but I have way to many full kegs waiting to be tapped. I brewed 25 batches this year, the most I've done in 5 years of brewing, so I'm happy.

Start giving that stuff away! LOL

Brewed a Czech Dark the day after Thanksgiving before leaving for Florida for 2 weeks. It may be my last beer of the year, though I may try to knock out a stove top 2.5 gallon batch of Schwarzbier the week of Christmas.

Edit: I did get the Schwarzbier done last week, but did 5 gallons outside since it was 50 degrees out. Final tally for 2019, 22 beers, 116 gallons.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back