Brewer's Best Russian Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centrex

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on the taste of this kit? Is it a malt forward stout? I would think with the IBU being in the 60's it would be. Also has any added honey and cocoa to it, if so how did that turn out?

Anyone have any thoughts on the taste of this kit? Is it a malt forward stout? I would think with the IBU being in the 60's it would be. Also has any added honey and cocoa to it, if so how did that turn out?
Are you doing extract or all grain? The Double W imperial stout, recipe here on HBT, is a great one if you're doing all grain.

Coincidently, I think that kit was my second brew as well, almost six years ago. I added espresso to mine, and it turned out well. It was my wife's favorite batch for quite some time.

That was my second brew. I added oak chips soaked in bourbon, and vanilla beans. That was a year and a half ago and I still have some in bottles, it's a good brew.

With a year and a half aging I'll bet that is getting really good and mellow. What's your address so I can come help you empty those bottles?:yes::D

With a year and a half aging I'll bet that is getting really good and mellow. What's your address so I can come help you empty those bottles?:yes::D
Honestly it's too mellow now. Not saying it's bad, but it's so smooth now you can't tell there was bourbon added. I could use some help emptying the final bombers of this stout plus a couple others.........

Added 2 lbs of malt extract and used 1/4 gallon of cold brewed coffee. Came out amazing
IMG_20181205_195304_694.jpeg

Back