What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i use city water, adjusted my water, but forgot the campden for the chlorine removal. I was trying to get a brew in while getting a bunch of other stuff done around the yard. Maybe it wasn't the best Idea!!
Never brew when you're in a hurry. Who knows what can happen and distract you. For all I... I mean you...know, systems may go down right as you're starting to chill it and you have to turn it into a no-chill because of a work emergency. Wait... who said that... it wasn't me... :rolleyes: lol...

Never brew when you're in a hurry. Who knows what can happen and distract you. For all I... I mean you...know, systems may go down right as you're starting to chill it and you have to turn it into a no-chill because of a work emergency. Wait... who said that... it wasn't me... :rolleyes: lol...
Yeah, I know better. the worst part is it happened at the start of the brew when that was all i was doing! I'll definitely have to taste it before adding the peaches. worst case I just dump it.

Chlorine can give beer a phenolic flavor and aroma and not the good kind.

I use RO water and still give my water a small shot of camden to remove the residual chloramine that makes it through. I use to not add camden to my RO water as I could not taste anything but there were beer judges that could taste it.

edit: I additionally confirmed with a water test kit that there was chloramine present in the RO water. It was barely detectable but still there. I had reduce my RO system output from 75gpd to 50gpd to give more contact in the carbon filters to help reduce it too.

Last edited:
Finally put together my keg washer! Test run today!
1716216118757.png

1716216145352.png

Bottled 5 gallons of a Bourbon County Stout clone!

Then I made 2 gallons of sugar-wash for a seltzer that my wife requested -- so easy! Only boiled a cup of water (plus 2 grams of fermaid-K), dumped in a full 2 lb package of sugar, and then 2 gallons of distilled water, plus the yeast. Took a whole 5 minutes!

Back