What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A homebrew Maibock again.
20240515_190742.jpg

I'm into fitness. Fitness whole pizza in my mouth. :p

20240515_182311.jpg

On the road out east. We drove from Mpls to Cleveland today. Long day and we're both hungry. Having pizza and a Great Lakes Dortmunder at a place near our hotel. On to the Finger Lakes region of NY tomorrow. Staying at an AirBnB there for 5 nights. Hope to meet up with @pshankstar for a brew!

I'm into fitness. Fitness whole pizza in my mouth. :p

View attachment 848748

On the road out east. We drove from Mpls to Cleveland today. Long day and we're both hungry. Having pizza and a Great Lakes Dortmunder at a place near our hotel. On to the Finger Lakes region of NY tomorrow. Staying at an AirBnB there for 5 nights. Hope to meet up with @pshankstar for a brew!
It's been a while since I use to regularly work travel to Cleveland but a great place for German bars. Most are in the southwest area. I think it was Sachsenheim Hall that I really liked. Lots of fresh German lagers on draft 🤤

And Mitchell's Ice Cream is a must hit if you're not in a pizza coma by now :)

Onto the West Coast IPA debacle. Pint out of the fermenter. So pitching S-05 definitely helped with the too sweet issue. Dropped it from 1.030 to 1.018. ABV©7.8%ish. I had added the hop oil "3Cs" prior to this though. I've had a ton of old school WCIPAs and this hop profile fits it. I'm getting an almost smoky off flavor but I know it's not chlorine components.

I have no interest in keeping it on tap so one and done but happy for the progress made from the attempted "fix".

PXL_20240516_002202188.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Golden Monkey tripel from Victory brewing. I've never tried it before, and after this 6-pack I doubt I will buy it again; it's too sweet. It also has too much banana and what I think is coriander but I'm not sure, but the sweetness is the real turnoff. The clove is nice. For the same price I can get a 4-pack of LaChouffe. I might try mixing the next bottle with a can of Hamm's to tone it down a little.

Golden Monkey tripel from Victory brewing. I've never tried it before, and after this 6-pack I doubt I will buy it again; it's too sweet. It also has too much banana and what I think is coriander but I'm not sure, but the sweetness is the real turnoff. The clove is nice. For the same price I can get a 4-pack of LaChouffe. I might try mixing the next bottle with a can of Hamm's to tone it down a little.
I sincerely have no idea what the "wow" responses mean. 😂 I'm having another Golden Monkey now diluted with a can of Hamm's and it's much more enjoyable. I still don't think I'll buy it again but at least I can finish the 6-pack this way. 👍

After spending the afternoon at the track getting ready for MotoAmerica this weekend, a very cold, refreshing, tasty Weihanstephaner Helles. Pretty warm out there today and I can't handle it as well as I once could!
😞View attachment 848791
You need to hydrate a lot more as you get older

OT: Kettlehead visit. Got a bunch of breweries opening up close by soon. Pages of taps. Yum

Kettlehead x Modestman collab Sinister Dreams
PXL_20240516_222646391.jpg
PXL_20240516_222806904.jpg

Modestman guest tap The Most Beautifullest things in this World 3Xdh
PXL_20240516_223910599.jpg

Last edited:
Liked for the racks....then I saw the beer! Priorities right?
The one on the left is my wife's 8 point from small gamelands 30 minutes from our house the one on the right is my 11 point from our backyard woods, PA whitetail.... hunting story time, she shot hers with a broken wrist so I got the luxury of dragging it uphill before getting it to path, of course I gave her hell for that. Took me about 2 hours to get it out of the woods. Her first deer btw... there's a lot more to the story naturally but that's for another time. I was proud of her and happy to do the grunt work.

OT Czech premium lager. Time for a refill
17159012499318968553477358557453.jpg

HB NEIPA
Who says these need to be drank young? I found this bottle in the back of my fridge. This NEIPA was originally brewed in mid August '23. Probably kegged about the first or second week of September. I bottled a few bottles to trade in early November, but my schedule never worked to make the exchange with the brewer at a local brewery. Flavor is slightly dulled but still very good. I think it's still better than a few commercial beers I've had.
IMG_2084.jpeg

Latest posts

Back