What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went shopping today. Prepping for vacation.

IMG_1260.jpeg

IMG_1261.jpeg

One great thing about dieting is that I get to drink in some of the best diet N/A beers out there, one’s I’d never have given a second glance. N/A is for non-alcohol, not “Not Applicable!" Also some might argue the latter when we are talking diet beers!

Today’s snack is a couple Corona N/A’s, some Salsa Fresca and crunchy (chip substitute) Celery. I’m getting all this flavorful goodness for a total of only 120 calories. Who says dieting is suffering, this stuff’s great!

Corona has the flavor nailed on this one, and by the time you salt the rim and squeeze that lime into beer, er, Cerveza, it really is hard telling this one from the heavier Corona next of kin. I like it!

Funny thing about Mexican flavor in beers – or what we often perceive as the Mexican flavor really does come from the salt and lime treatment. Not long ago, we were eating a bunch of tacos and Mexi-cuisine at the Beermeister32 household, and I forgot the Corona. Never fear, let’s use the Coors light I have in abundance. Hey, Hey, back in the saddle – Tasted a lot like Corona with salt and a lime! Score!

I’m not used to the wimpy fill line on these bottles though. Is that really 12 ounces? Maybe I’m just used to my own bottling efforts, I try to eliminate headspace. Or could it be beer equivalent of shrinkflation? Nah, they wouldn’t do that to us. Right? ¡Arriba, abajo, al centro, pa' dentro!

IMG_7519.jpeg

Last edited:
Wife worked today and I was in charge of getting something cooked up for dinner. I felt uninspired so we went out for a bite and a beer, (wine for the Mrs.). She had the steak bites, and we split a side of fries.

I had three chorizo and goat cheese tacos, and a DTLA, (downtown LA), west coast ipa from Creature Comforts Brewing.

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

That's one big pint 😁

When/if I ever start brewing again a RIS is top on my list. Something big and something to age.
That was my plan. Brew this to age. Lutra Kveik yeast proved to me 1 week is just fine. Still trying to wrap my head around it. So clean. Smooth. Nothing harsh.

PXL_20240510_024430780.PORTRAIT~3.jpg

I think @ThirstyPawsHB has also recently brewed a stout that he fermented with Kveik, (Lutra iirc?).
Ohhh, I thought he was referring to the hazy IPA, but now it makes sense 🤦‍♂️ wow I’m def going to try that out with a stout! Lutra sounds like the way to go based on it being the most neutral (at least what I heard) but I haven’t lutra myself yet, local HBS has been out but it’s in my cart to order online. Voss is citrusy and pairs beautifully with a refreshing IPA…

though I wonder how voss would pair with a black/brown IPA

Last edited:
Just got home from the overnight shift, and a HB Italian Pils. I have to say, this is a fave and I can see it being a go to summer beer. And, it has been in the keg for about 2 weeks and has mellowed considerably. If I was smart and had better self control, I'd let it sit, but hey, it sits in the glass, right? LOL

Latest posts

Back