Vermont Style Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacandagabrewing

Reaction score
Just an idea that I was looking to do within the next week or so. Advice is always taken.

Vermont Cider:
-5.5 gallons of apple juice (I try to do a liberty, cortland, Jonagold, and Braeburn mix because that is what I have access too)
-White Labs Burlington Ale Yeast
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown sugar

Let it crash all the way, rack into secondary and let it sit for another two weeks, stabilize it and then backsweeten with Amber Maple Syurp. I may add some to secondary too to get a little bit of that woody flavor from Maple once it is fermented but I want to have that Maple taste in there.

I should be doing this next weekend or so, I will let everyone know how it goes!

Im curious how this turned out! sounds delicious with the Maple Syrup. You just doing a still cider then ? Id love an update, hows it taste, what the abv, pictures ??

Im curious how this turned out! sounds delicious with the Maple Syrup. You just doing a still cider then ? Id love an update, hows it taste, what the abv, pictures ??

I actually ended up doing a Belgian cherry so I used WLP500, fermented it pretty warm, and then racked it onto some rainer cherries and a vanilla bean. Im gonna end up kegging it but I will post pictures soon!

Back