Howdy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtus

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm just getting started in Fort Worth TX, first batch nearly ready for bottle. I've learned at ton from this site already. Thanks to all who are sharing their experience - it's truly invaluable to us newbies. :)

Welcome !
I stumbled into this site last month. It's great. I think I spend more time here than anywhere else. There are some very knowledgeable people here who don't mind sharing their wisdom. It's comforting to know that there's guys like them out there looking out for guys like us.

Enjoy,
Sudsmonkey

Brewtus said:
Hello all. I'm just getting started in Fort Worth TX, first batch nearly ready for bottle. I've learned at ton from this site already. Thanks to all who are sharing their experience - it's truly invaluable to us newbies. :)

glad you found us! you'll see it's a good bunch of people with lot's of good thing's to share.

what was your first brew? you'll like it, no matter what. and they just keep getting better with every batch!

Yeah, you'll find a bunch of good people in here. We may not be all knowing, but we all get by with each other's help!

I'd like more action in the "general chit-chat" forum, but oh well.

Welcome!

DeRoux's Broux said:
glad you found us! you'll see it's a good bunch of people with lot's of good thing's to share.

what was your first brew? you'll like it, no matter what. and they just keep getting better with every batch!

First brew is pale ale. I've got a red ale and oatmeal stout coming up. I'm very thirsty, hope I can save some for proper bottle conditioning...

Brewtus said:
First brew is pale ale. I've got a red ale and oatmeal stout coming up. I'm very thirsty, hope I can save some for proper bottle conditioning...
mmmm.....good line up. go to kegging! less torture!!!! :p

i have never brewed a "red" ale. i've done some ambers ales, a Pacific Northwest Red Ale. more hoppy than malty like an irish red ale.

do you do all extract or extract w/ grains, all-grain?

DeRoux's Broux said:
mmmm.....good line up. go to kegging! less torture!!!! :p

i have never brewed a "red" ale. i've done some ambers ales, a Pacific Northwest Red Ale. more hoppy than malty like an irish red ale.

do you do all extract or extract w/ grains, all-grain?

My list of wants is growing quickly, I haven't read much on kegging yet but it's something I'm interested in. I can already tell the bottles will be many.

I'm starting with all extract. I don't know if all grain is in my future or not. I think next steps will be using a secondary, full wort boiling, yeast starter,... I saw a post of best ways to improve your brew so need to do some more research on what to make priority. I'm building a fermentation chiller this weekend.

I'm formulating a plan to ease the wife into this new hobby. I'm sure once she's sampled the product she'll be willing to tolerate some more equipment around the house.

rsitzejr said:
So what is this fermenter chiller I keep reading about?

Basically a homemade two chamber ice chest with temperature control to keep fermenter at ideal conditions. Check out the Fermenation Chiller thread in the equipment and sanitation section. You'll find directions to build and discussion.

Back