Hey,I am From a Little Island Called NEW ZEALAND!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbeaven

Reaction score
I was just wondering can you use normal white sugar from the supermarket
than you use that brewing sugars?

for beer no its cane sugar this will cause a cidery taste. you can use honey
maple syurp( no addtives no cane sugar added)

store cane sugar is not good for beer wine dont know i would think the same but could be wrong. i know for beer its a no no ........ :)

I have used table sugar one time in a pinch and it wasn't that bad. Some of the bubbles were bigger, but other than that, I didn't notice anything.

Table sugar is a bad idea, except for ciders. Brown sugars can be used in barley wines, if you don't overdo it.

My favority New Zealand story: I was at a party and someone asked an Australian, "Given two weeks for a vacation, where should I go in Australia?" His answer: " Australia is too big. With only two weeks to travel, go to New Zealand."

I'm heading to NZ next August/September (going via SE Asia starting January!!) I can't wait. Whereabouts are you in NZ. I'm hoping to get a bit of work there to finance the return leg of the trip, have a years working visa - any idea of the job situation these days? I'll do pretty much anything except lingerie modelling (cos I'd not get paid much for that methinks!! :))
K

Back